🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Client asking to remove a negative feedba...
Page options
samivielcezar
Community Member

Client asking to remove a negative feedback

Hi,

I have to change the negative feedback I gave to a job post after I withdrew myself from the proposal. He asked me to provide a sample work related to the illustration he was looking for, but I misinterpreted it for a "free sample test". We talked it out but we still want that negative feedback removed if possible. How should we do it?

Enclosed below is the client's screenshot he sent me. Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

That sounds eerily like this client. If you misinterpreted his request, that was because the client left room for misinterpretation in his communication.

Why should you be apologetic about that?

Anyway, there's nothing you can do.

Your declining his proposal does not directly influence or affect his account. There was no contract, and no rating was left by either party. Your withdrawal therefore has no effect on the client's reputation.

In the well worn phrase, much ado about nothing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

That sounds eerily like this client. If you misinterpreted his request, that was because the client left room for misinterpretation in his communication.

Why should you be apologetic about that?

Anyway, there's nothing you can do.

Your declining his proposal does not directly influence or affect his account. There was no contract, and no rating was left by either party. Your withdrawal therefore has no effect on the client's reputation.

In the well worn phrase, much ado about nothing.

petra_r
Community Member

Sami Viel C wrote:

We talked it out but we still want that negative feedback removed if possible. How should we do it?

That isn't feedback. It is entirely meaningless. You didn't have a contract, there is nothing anyone needs to do, it doesn't hurt the client, nobody other than the client (and obviously Upwork) can see it, the client needs to just get over himself and move on.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths