🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Client cant leave a review, been over mon...
Page options
rozeedigital
Community Member

Client cant leave a review, been over month.

Hi there, 

I had a client who was inactive for a while on Upwork they would like to leave me a review. However, they have no option to leave me a review. 

It has been over a month.

What can they do to leave me a review? 

Thanks, 

Tom 

7 REPLIES 7
robin_hyman
Community Member

They had 14 days to leave a review.  Read this article since the window expired:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062188-Leave-Feedback-on-a-Contract

Hi Robin, 

I was the one who ended the contract because I didn't hear from them. Is there no way for them to leave me feedback *freelancer*

Per Preston on a different thread:

On both the freelancer-side and client-side interface there is a button that you can click to allow the other party to leave or change feedback AFTER 14 days.

This button may be used once per contract.

Robin H wrote:

Per Preston on a different thread:

On both the freelancer-side and client-side interface there is a button that you can click to allow the other party to leave or change feedback AFTER 14 days.

But logic and common sense demand that one can only click "Allow client to change feedback" if feedback was left in the first place, right?

Abinadab A wrote:

Robin H wrote:

But logic and common sense demand that one can only click "Allow client to change feedback" if feedback was left in the first place, right?

No.

From "No feedback" to "feedback" is a change...

Tom R wrote:

I was the one who ended the contract because I didn't hear from them. Is there no way for them to leave me feedback *freelancer*

All you need to do is go to the contract > Terms and Settings > and click on "Allow Client to change feedback" - then an "edit" button appears on the client side (in the contract) and the client can leave feedback,.

Generally it is better to let the client close the contract, that means you are guaranteed feedback and there isn't any need to make the client jump through hoops a month after the event.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the ID of the contract you're referring to. I'll check that and advise you accordingly. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths