🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client closed contract without payments
Page options
bonbons
Community Member

Client closed contract without payments

I have accepted hourly contract and than client closed it. He says that he can not reopen it. So he has to create new one. I know that it has very bad influence for JSS. So, couple questions:
1 - Why contract can not be reopened if it has  such influence? 

2 - What about cases when it was exidently or deliberately closed?

3 - How to reopen it?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006097327-Why-Did-My-Job-Success-Score-Change-?flash...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Andrey: This was an hourly contract.

You will be paid AUTOMATICALLY for ALL the time that you logged on this contract.

Clients can close a contract any time they want. As can freelancers.

The client was not breaking any rules.

Now you have learned: do not accept an hourly contract until you are ready to do at least ten minutes of work. Then accept the contract. Then do ten minutes of work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Andrey: This was an hourly contract.

You will be paid AUTOMATICALLY for ALL the time that you logged on this contract.

Clients can close a contract any time they want. As can freelancers.

The client was not breaking any rules.

Now you have learned: do not accept an hourly contract until you are ready to do at least ten minutes of work. Then accept the contract. Then do ten minutes of work.

Thenk you for you answer. Tracked time 0. I have not tracked it.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Andrey,

Unfortunately, there's no way a contract can be reopened. However, your client can repost a job and rehire you. Thank you!

Untitled

re: "Tracked time 0. I have not tracked it."

Yes, that is your mistake.

Next time, do not make the same mistake.

It has big influence? Because as i said in another comment, there are a lot of such clients and situations when contract was just closed because client found someone better. I, no, we do not want to loose reputation because of clients stupidity.

petra_r
Community Member

@Andrey S wrote:

It has big influence? Because as i said in another comment, there are a lot of such clients and situations when contract was just closed because client found someone better. I, no, we do not want to loose reputation because of clients stupidity.

It will only have a negative effect on your JSS if the client left poor feedback while closing it, or if that contract represents a significant percentage of your overall work-body.

I had a client make a mistake in the offer, I made a mistake not checking it and just accepted, and the client closed it and rehired me. It had no effect at all.

Relax.

bonbons
Community Member

This is very bad, because it has influence on JSSSmiley Sad

Feature to reopen contract must be!

Because there are a lot of clients who can do such things as open and close contract juse because they want without paying any money. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths