🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client does not currently have access to Upwo...
Page options
wars133
Community Member

Client does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until...

Hello.

I just started a new contract with a new client and now I'm getting the following message:

XXXX does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored?

What should I do? 

*** I have a milestone active on my project.

17 REPLIES 17
LuiggiR

Hi Willher,

It may be possible that your client is currently experiencing an issue with their account and that's why you're getting that message. If you have an active milestone on your, it's best to complete it. Once your client has resolved the situation with their account, you should be able to hear back from them.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Willher R wrote:

I just started a new contract with a new client and now I'm getting the following message:

XXXX does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored?

What should I do? 

*** I have a milestone active on my project.

It means Upwork suspended the client. Usually they only take away access to messages (lockout) when it's something pretty serious. 

Without going into too much detail.... what does the job you were hired on involve?

wars133
Community Member

Hi. Thanks for your response!

It is a translation project.

She sent me a file and I tried to download it but failed.

Then that message showed up.

Presenting a legitimate credit card to Upwork is not complicated. If a client hires me and then Upwork tells me to not work for them, then I definitely stop. If they resolve the matter, that is great. But until then, I definitely don't do any work.

If a client has their account completely suspended or terminated, then I definitely would stay away. I don't want to get caught up in their mess.

Most client situations where Upwork sent notice about the client's contract or account have been temporary...  not a big deal. Maybe an expired credit card, something easily resolved.

wars133
Community Member

I received an offer from another client today. 

I declined the offer as spam because it looked really suspicious to me that it was similar to my 2nd milestone with my previous client. 

Now, this is what this 2nd client said:

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you. I am a friend of XXX. His account has encountered some problems, so he temporarily uses my account to send you documents.

----- He needs to verify his identity information. He has submitted information to upwork, but it is still under review.
he is my husband. I guess the problem may be caused by his profile picture using my photo.
If you can, hope we can continue to cooperate here until the problem with his account is resolved."

This is the first time that this happened to me. Any suggestions?

Hi Willher,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
swarnima02
Community Member

Hi. I am facing a problem. I have an active milestone with an Upwork client and suddenly I saw the message: "xxxx does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored." In that case, shall I not complete the work and submit it? Please give me your helpful suggestion. 😞

Hi Swarnima,

Could you share the client name or the contract title with me via PM (click on my name) so that I can check the details further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. I have texted you personally. Have you received it?

ritakon
Community Member

Hello.

What should I do? 

9edce499
Community Member

Hi, I just got the "XXXX does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored" message and don't know what to expect. Is there any way anybody can check it out internally for me plase?

The contract started last week, where I tracked 10 work hours. Today I just added 7 hours manually after confirming with the client he was willing to cover that time. Once added, we closed the contract, he sent the review and final greetings and the access message was prompted in the chat almost immediately after.

I don't know if he just closed his Upwork account or what happened there. If so, I'm worried they might not be able to charge him. I'm also worried that the 7 hours we added today would not apply for payment protection just because they were added manually.

Hi José,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Unfortunately, we can't disclose any account information or actions being taken on a user's account due to privacy and security reasons. Also please note that when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed.

However, I can see that the team has reached out to you via email with more information about the status of the client's account along with your expected payments. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by responding to the message and they will surely assist you accordingly. You may also check the ticket linked to your case here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9edce499
Community Member

Hi Arjay, thanks for your reply.

Actually the email you saw is from a different client and contract. I think the response I got in that case made everything clear for me.

Now for the case I'm mentioning here, I don't understand how wouldn't it be possible for Upwork to let me know why the client that owes me money is unreachable through the chat and if there is any chance that Upwork let him close his account having payments pendinng for processing. If that was the case that would be a major drawback in the system. For the exchange I had with the client, he didn't seem like a bad person or someone wanting to avoid paying, but it is very likely that he wasn't interested in having its account active once we finished the contract. It would be the least on Upwork side to prevent him from deleting the account while he hasn't paid! Now I'm just speculating here about the possibility of him having closed his account, because I actually have no idea what is going on with it and why I cannot reach out to him.

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for your response and confirmation. If you and your client decided to close the contract, the system will lock your Work Diary and you can no longer record time. Also, your client will be billed as normal for any hours logged. 

Could you please share with us the Contract ID for the job you're referring to? I'll be more than willing to take a closer look and assist you accordingly. You can find the Id by going to All Contracts> Select the contract in question> Details Tab here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9edce499
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for your reply, I think it gives me some relief about the first 10 hours which were logged using Upwork's tracker and with proper memos. For the other 7 I'm still worried because they were added manually upon mutual explicit agreement between the client and me. My worry with this is that if Upwork let the client delete his Upwork account, then I think you won't be able to charge him those hours not because he was unwilling to pay, but just because the system didn't prevent him from prematurely leaving while he still had pending bills.

I'd really appreciate if you could check it out further, thanks for offering that possibility. Here's the contract ID: 33426359

Hi José,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. 

If you have further questions feel free to follow up with our team on your support ticket and they will be happy to assist you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9edce499
Community Member

Hi Nikola, thank you, your reply was very useful clarifying all this.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths