🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client feedback if Freelancer closes the job
Page options
michblac
Community Member

Client feedback if Freelancer closes the job

Hi, I have already read various answers regarding this.  I closed a contract after asking the client 2x to close it and they told me they would leave feedback but did not.  

--I don't think it is practical to "never" close a contract myself forcing the client to then leave feedback. 

--The client apparently has 14 days to leave feedback after the job is closed but no client is going to remember to go back in the system and do that.  

Since I cannot see what a client see when a contract is closed, I have no way of knowing if the client purposely did not leave it or because the Upwork system is not the most user friendly at times, did they just miss the screen/button to do it. 

Can Upwork send a nice reminder to clients asking them to give freelancers feedback if they have not or attach it to the notification to the client?   Something like: " Freelancer X closed your contract Y, would you like to leave the freelancer feedback?

thanks,

Michele 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michele,

Once the contract is closed, both the freelancer and the client receives an email about it. When you ended the contract, an email is being sent to the client letting them know that the contract ended and how they can leave feedback. Also, the client receives a notification on their account informing them of the same.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michele,

Once the contract is closed, both the freelancer and the client receives an email about it. When you ended the contract, an email is being sent to the client letting them know that the contract ended and how they can leave feedback. Also, the client receives a notification on their account informing them of the same.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Great!  I did not know that the client receives any kind of reminder so that is good to know.  Hopefully she will send it feedback or at least a rating. Right now it is blank.  thanks. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths