🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Client gets rude when I have not written ...
Page options
kunalbalwani
Community Member

Client gets rude when I have not written the line he specified

Hi,

Seeking help, please. I have written a proposal and read the base points of the proposals and also his instructions like to write "XYZ" at the start. I was busy to write a proposal and then submitted it as it was a long proposal so forgot to mention "XYZ". Now he becomes rude and told he will suspend my account under violating upwork TOS. But really I have not done that, I just forgot to write it while submitting the proposal. He finally told he had done spam on me. 

I am an honest top rated developer and he was very rude on me. And if I have forgotten to write do I really have violated upwork TOS?

Please suggest! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Simply block the client and move on.

There is no point communicating any further.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mystudiomke
Community Member

What?

You only send a proposal and didn't put what the proposal suggested? To answer your question, no you're fine - no violation of rules.

On the other hand, does show that you probably didn't read it all the way AKA "forgot" and then we can assume its a mass respond to proposals. 

If the client is rude or disrespectful just block them and move on. 

Lila

Hi Lila,

I have read the job and mentioned all the details what he accepts. Like it was related to flutter and other things. And I have written nice proposals to liked by him and also flittered my links according to the flutter experience. Then how can we assume its a mass respond to proposals?

I have clearly written in my proposals like "Hello! I see that you need some help developing and enhancements for your pre-built platform in Flutter." and more related to flutter...

Just missed writing the line "instruction read" that he told me to write. But surely it was I was more concentrating on what he needs and filtering the links according to the job.

Any further advice?

Thanks

Usually clients do that because they get hundreds of proposals that don't address what the client is looking for. I'm sure many freelancers just respond to a certain word in the title and quickly paste a generalized cover letter. 

Having said that, I think you should count yourself VERY lucky that this client didn't choose you. With that sort of attitude I don't think it would have been a pleasure working for him nor would the job have gone smoothly. 

And don't worry, he can't suspend your account just because you didn't write XXX at the top of your proposal. In fact him telling you that was actually kind of funny.  At this point just block him, forget about him and move on.

HI Kathy and Lila,

Thanks for your caring feedback reply on this. I just not being into this rude conversation and that was not in my attitude. He was like very rude to me and acting like I have stolen money from him by not writing XXX.

I have been in upwork started from small and making a big here. I have made all my clients satisfied and they left 5 stars all the time. I know how much hard it was to make from small to big. Also, I belong to not so good family background. But upwork helps me on that stage. And here when I write for the help you people of the community given pleasant advice. Thank you so much, mam. 

Simply block the client and move on.

There is no point communicating any further.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kunal B wrote:

Hi,

Seeking help, please. I have written a proposal and read the base points of the proposals and also his instructions like to write "XYZ" at the start. I was busy to write a proposal and then submitted it as it was a long proposal so forgot to mention "XYZ". Now he becomes rude and told he will suspend my account under violating upwork TOS. But really I have not done that, I just forgot to write it while submitting the proposal. He finally told he had done spam on me. 

I am an honest top rated developer and he was very rude on me. And if I have forgotten to write do I really have violated upwork TOS?

Please suggest! 

He probably assumed that you sent a spam proposal, which is against ToS, he can flag your proposal for it, but it seems taking it out on you in a rude way is a bit over the top. 

I never apply to job postings that require a safe word (haha). Yes, a client can find himself flooded with unwanted proposals, but he does not seem to understand that a freelancer is able, on average, to only send 1 proposal a day, and it is preposterous to assume that this is spamming - from the freelancer's side. I'm sure many write awful proposals, no doubt, but no matter how awful they are, they are really not spam. 

So I never apply to those, it's childish, and the client is uneducated about how the platform works. 

Martina P wrote:

I'm sure many write awful proposals, no doubt, but no matter how awful they are, they are really not spam. 

You have clearly never posted a job...

Martina,

I regularly submit proposals on between zero and 3,4 or more proposals in a day. Depends how busy my schedule already is, how many new projects potential fit my criteria, etc.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths