🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client homepage not working
Page options
creativedigit
Community Member

Client homepage not working

This page (the new client's homepage) has not been working for over 48 hours now:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/discovery-dashboard/

It is the first page that loads up when you log-in to your client's account. It shows an empty page with a snipping preloader that keeps snipping forever without showing anything. I have to go to "Jobs -> My Jobs" from the main menu in order to be able to see my jobs and post a new job from there. I figured this out because I have tried different things, however, I bet many clients cannot figure this out by themselves and will just leave the site after they see it's not working.

If I am not the only person who's affected by this, then I guarantee you that you've lost a ton of job posts in the past couple of days.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Wassim T wrote:

This page (the new client's homepage) has not been working for over 48 hours now:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/discovery-dashboard/

It is the first page that loads up when you log-in to your client's account. It shows an empty page with a snipping preloader that keeps snipping forever without showing anything. I have to go to "Jobs -> My Jobs" from the main menu in order to be able to see my jobs and post a new job from there. I figured this out because I have tried different things, however, I bet many clients cannot figure this out by themselves and will just leave the site after they see it's not working.

If I am not the only person who's affected by this, then I guarantee you that you've lost a ton of job posts in the past couple of days.

You created a freelancer profile and not a client account. 

Martina P wrote:

You created a freelancer profile and not a client account. 

No. He has both, as have many members.

Wassim, my client profile loads as normal, (but not on some weird "discovery profile" but simply https://www.upwork.com/ab/c/my.client.number/home as it always has) and the place to report tech issues is Support, so they can send it to the techies.

The "discovery profile" (whatever that may be) does the same, but simply clicking on any of the headers and footers takes me to my normal client account.

Thanks for letting me know, Petra. I feel that the Discovery Dashboard is the new homepage on the client account but it seems Upwork is rolling this out to users in sub-sets as usual. I know this is true because I have seen that page a few days ago (when it was working for me at least) where it promotes different tools and tips, and it replaced the default "upwork.com/ab/jobs-home/my.client.number" page which was the default (and likely is still the default page for your account up until now).

I just wanted to highlight on this here so Upwork knows about it without reporting it, because I am not needing any help myself at this moment since I know my way around. I am just afraid, in case I am not the only one affected, this might have a great impact on other clients who are trying to post a job and couldn't do it because they gave up after seeing that never-ending loading screen after each log-in, so I just wanted Upwork to know here since I don't want to waste my time with the same boring chat support by Upwork (you know, starting the chat, Upwork assumes you're stupid and recommends some common answers to your question which never answer the question, then chatting with a support agent after waiting for quite a bit of time, then you find out that the support agent is still living in 1998 and recommends clearing your cache, etc, etc, etc).

Just wanted to point out that this has been sorted today, and the homepage for me now is back to the old "My Jobs" page.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths