🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Client inviting me to work on Upwork dire...
Page options
2c60e3d9
Community Member

Client inviting me to work on Upwork directly

I found a client outside of Upwork through cold emailing, and we worked together for over a year. He is happy with my work. The client already has an Upwork account. I would like to ask the client to invite me to work for him through Upwork, so i can get to better my Upwork profile status.. Can the client post a job and invite me directly, even though i am a newbie on the platform? And is that in line with TOS? Thanks
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jojo,

This is not a violation of our TOS and your client can hire at any time once your application is approved. Once your application is approved you can simply share your profile URL with your client and they will be able to send an official offer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jojo,

You can create your freelancer profile at any time and submit your application for a review. Once your application is accepted your client will be able to hire you on an official contract.

Your client also has the option to use their feature "Bring your Own Freelancer" to invite you to join Upwork and work on their tasks. You can share this Guide with your client if they would like to use this feature. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
Thanks for the answer.

So when i am approved frelancer client can just search for me and invite me for a job directly? Without asking other freelancers or posting a job? This would be already agreed beforehand obviously so that is why i am wondering about TOS. Thanks

Hi Jojo,

This is not a violation of our TOS and your client can hire at any time once your application is approved. Once your application is approved you can simply share your profile URL with your client and they will be able to send an official offer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Great, thanks!
Latest Articles
Learning Paths