Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client needs to re open a job closed by mistake

ralphiedee
Ace Contributor
Ralph D Member Since: Oct 11, 2015
1 of 12

I finished a job for a repeat client of mine. Client approved the job and ended the contract. The contract was for 200.00 but onlhy one milestone was added as the client owes 180.00 more. As the freelancer I cannot reopen the job so how does the client go about re opening then adding the mremianing milestone?

R

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 12

Hi Ralph,

A closed contract can't be re-opened. The client can either access the closed contract and use a bonus to pay you the remaining amount or they can offer a new contract to you and set up a new milestone.

~ Valeria
Upwork
3e5287a3
Kerri W Member Since: Jul 6, 2017
3 of 12

Hi I have the same problem, how do I access the closed job in order to give a bonus?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 12

Hi Kerri,

Unfortunately, you can't reopen a closed job. Good news is that you can use the three dots icon next to the contract's title on your account and select the option to issue a bonus payment from the drop-down menu. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Untitled
tanwa2
Tanwa A Member Since: Feb 22, 2018
5 of 12

What about an automatically ended contracr which i didnt want to end myselft but the system did

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 12

Hi Tanwa,

Please share more details with us on what type of contract was this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tanwa2
7 of 12
Spoiler
I is a Website Contract which should still be active only information was not quick coming from my end but the freelancer was still working on the contract and it is not completed he thought i ended the contract only to find out Upwork automatically ended the contract and it had not been inactive for 90 days as stated for inactive contract that are ended by the system.  This is the contact here ended today without my consent 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

tanwa2
8 of 12

message received

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 12

This means that there were no payments for 3 months. Due to Escrow regulations that is as long as funds can sit around in Escrow, in future you should break long term fixed rate contracts up into a number of smaller milestones.

The closed account can not be reopened.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 12

Hi Tanwa,

Just to confirm: If there is no activity at the 90 day mark, Upwork will close the contract. At the time of this closure, the client is again notified on the site to leave final ratings.
You can open a contract with multiple milestones so that funds are exchanged and this will reset the 90 days mark.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS