🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client shared his contact details.
Page options
pandyakinjal
Community Member

Client shared his contact details.

One of my client shared contact details . I told him to sign the contract first then we can proceed further. Client agreed on that. We had upwork call as well. After that I wanted to share some softwares too large. I tried through upwork but could not share. So I asked client for email id to share iso images of operating systems. Is that okay? What are the chances of any issues on my profile?

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Kinjal, 

You could use Dropbox which is integrated directly with Upwork Messages. To access your Dropbox files, select the attachment symbol to the right of the message box and select Share via Dropbox. From here, you will be able to sign into your Dropbox account and select the files you wish to share.

You can find more information oh how you can share information on Upwork in this help article.

Please note that communicating outside of Upwork before a contract is a violation of our TOS. But, once a contract is formed you and your client can use another communication method as well.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola,

Yes contract was signed. And then client shared his details and asked to communicate via other media and I had to show some stuff on my laptop and replicate same on his laptop. For this sole purpose he only shared his details. I did not share my details. Also where he shared his contact number it is shown in yellow color in messages. Is that okay?

Thanks.

Kinjal P wrote:
Hello Nikola,

Yes contract was signed. And then client shared his details and asked to communicate via other media and I had to show some stuff on my laptop and replicate same on his laptop. For this sole purpose he only shared his details. I did not share my details. Also where he shared his contact number it is shown in yellow color in messages. Is that okay?

Thanks.

If you have a signed contract, and you do, then you may share as many contact details with the client as you wish and vice versa. You should be fine. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths