🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client wants a full refund after didn't they ...
Page options
architectsami
Community Member

Client wants a full refund after didn't they me work just checking files from me

First Client hire me to do their Work

After accepting the offer they said , don't have file right now

Then after sending me tons of file to check whether I find it the exact file . After check all the file

Then they end the contract without paying anything 
Is this a normal thing for that or should I have right to get any payment from the client. As they wasted my time 

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sami U wrote:

Then after sending me tons of file to check whether I find it the exact file . After check all the file

Is this a normal thing for that or should I have right to get any payment from the client. As they wasted my time 

What is normal is a matter of opinion. It is a fundamental mistake to accept an offer before you are sure you have everything you need to start working.

If you used the time tracker, you will be paid for your time. 

As client told me you send it later about the file 

No, This is fixed price project.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sami U wrote:

What is normal is a matter of opinion. It is a fundamental mistake to accept an offer before you are sure you have everything you need to start working. 

Should I refund the money or Open the dispute?
As I am a new freelancer here in upwork so have fear that if open a dispute this impact my profile rating

Latest Articles
Learning Paths