🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client wants to Pay me but Upwork has suspend...
Page options
d081e4d0
Community Member

Client wants to Pay me but Upwork has suspended his account.

I have recently discussed about my recent client's payment which was refunded automatically. Now Upwork has suspended my client's account and he wants to pay me. 

I can share email reagrding to his account. He is new to upwork that's why unable to contact Upwork support. Could any one help us to sort it out? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to discuss other user accounts with you. Please request client to contact us directly so that we can assist them directly. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to discuss other user accounts with you. Please request client to contact us directly so that we can assist them directly. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
gracindy
Community Member

Hi, can you help out, I started working on a project last week monday, it was an hourly rate, I was supposed to work full time. The project is a transcription project, but after some days the client stopped responding,  most of the videos which I was supposed to transcribe were faulty so I had to stop working as I didn't have resources to work on. Yesterday, the client cancelled my contract without any word while still ignoring my previous messages. In an hour or so, I received another offer for same job, same client but at a higher rate, I'm yet to accept the offer, everything seems sketchy. Note that she hasn't still responded to my messages, even the ones that directly affects her project. Is it safe to accept this offer again?

Hi Grace,

I understand your concern and while I can't advise on a specific approach, I'd like to offer a personal perspective as a fellow freelancer. Communication is key to reaching a successful outcome and crucial in understanding client's expectations and vice versa. While accepting an offer isn't a risk in itself in terms of online security as long as you're following our safety procedures, in case you were referring to that aspect, without prior communication it might make it difficult to understand what the contract entails, since it sounds like no requirements or terms have been discussed yet.

Taking into account the manner in which the previous contract was concluded, I'd suggest considering reaching to your client again and allowing them more time to respond before taking any action. 

Please keep us updated on this story as it might be useful for others that might find themselves in a similar scenario.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths