🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Client
Page options
karolina_joann27
Community Member

Client

Hello,

I´m registered as a freelancer (employee) on upwork but I want to hire someone to do a job for me (employer).

Do I have to open an account as a client to post a job ad or can I do this from my freelancer account?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Karolina Joanna, 

You can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork. You use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You are able to easily switch between the two as needed. You can read more about it here.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Karolina,

To post a job you will need to be registered as a client. You can open a client account from your current one by following the steps below:

1. Click the Accounts menu and choose Settings.
  2. Click the Create a company link at the bottom of the settings list on the left.
  3. Choose Create a client company.

If you need further help let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your response.

Just to make sure - can I have 2 accounts on upwork - client and freelancer? 

@Karolina Joanna O wrote:

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your response.

Just to make sure - can I have 2 accounts on upwork - client and freelancer? 

No. You can have one account with both a client and a freelancer profile which are separate.

Thank you Petra.

Hi Karolina Joanna, 

You can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork. You use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You are able to easily switch between the two as needed. You can read more about it here.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan.

Hi

I am also trying to do this but when I click on create a company it goes to a page that doesn't exist!

Please help

Mat

Hi Matt,

One of our team members will contact you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I just tried to do it and it didn't work.  It came up with an error.  #Help

Hi Jennifer,

I just checked this for you and looks like you successfully created your Client part of the account.

Kindly, try to clear your cache and cookies or try to use a different browser to check if you are able to switch between your accounts using the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of your profile.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran V,

I have opened my client account using my freelancer account a few days ago after reading and following your these guidelines but I don't want to show my profile picture in my client account/profile. After creating account, the same profile picture is also showing in my account But I do not want to show my profile picture. Kindly help me! Thanks In advance!

Hi Sehar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths