Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients - minimum bid $4?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
21 of 42
With all due respect, $30k+ at $3.33/hr means you used the oDesk infrastructure for 9000 hours. oDesk is not profiting from 33 cents per hour - they break even at best. Not to mention that it slows down the site for actual revenue generating clients/contractors.
Highlighted
B B Z GH Z Member Since: Oct 28, 2012
22 of 42
I think mini rate fairly can be 2$ per hour , but then employers can change and use fix prices and by that dumping the whole hourly rates ... its big lose lose situation for odesk , losing clients and unhappy freelancers cant get a job , w0w who come up with the idea to kill odesk business ? trying to ruin odesk by test driving non useful settings ?
Highlighted
Lovely L Member Since: Nov 20, 2013
23 of 42
I am agree with you also i am losing 3 client who want to give at $3. i am sad odesk did wrong.
Highlighted
Nitin S Member Since: Apr 27, 2012
24 of 42
Same with me!!! Looks like O desk is trying to transfer work from low bidding countries to hi bidding.In this process some low bidding countries will suffer. I will go to Guru or other agency too.
Highlighted
Brittney M Member Since: Jul 27, 2012
25 of 42
I have had the issue with $3.33 as well. We agreed to a different rate, more than his previous contracts, but less than min. apparently. Sad thing is, I'm just getting start on Odesk and am sadly already seeing that I should explore other options.
Highlighted
Jovel Tiffany C Member Since: Jul 12, 2011
26 of 42
Hope that your ridiculous test ends ASAP!!! My client can't increase my rate from 1.50 to 1.80 because of that annoying test! Please hear the side of me and my co-freelancers complaints regarding with the silly beta test! Hope you oDesk understand why we are complaining!
Highlighted
Salah A Member Since: Mar 17, 2011
27 of 42
All ODesk are doing is trying to increase their earning. The trial got nothing to do with increasing efficiency. Simple mathematics, if ODesk sets the minimum wage for every freelancers to double, and sometime to 4 times, what they are working just now then ODesk would be set to earn at least double what they currently earning. As I said, simple mathematics
Highlighted
Kyle F Member Since: Nov 17, 2011
28 of 42
How about a region specific minimum, based on the client's country? A U.S. based company, for example, should not be able to contract a job out at $4 per hour, when the minimum wage in their country is $7.50. Not that I'm saying any decent freelancer would actually work for minimum wage... but it would weed out the penny-pinching "$5 for a website" crowd.
Highlighted
Robert R Member Since: Sep 2, 2012
29 of 42
Considering that Odesk is merging with Elance [acquiror?], moves toward manipulative market practices with regard to bid/offer prices is a strong likelihood -- REPULSIVE. Is the company imagining it's some sort of savior to the working class? Hopefully, this will spur even more competition for Odesk/Elance. Again, international price-fixing, no matter how small or slight, is ABSOLUTELY ABHORRENT and contrary to spirit of FREE ENTERPRISE! It uncovers a dark side to the company -- one which makes the company a little less desirable to align ones self with.
Highlighted
Rebecca H Member Since: Aug 27, 2008
30 of 42
Good to know!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS