🐈
» Forums » Clients » Clients taking long to respond after starting...
Page options
circuitsolutions
Community Member

Clients taking long to respond after starting the interviews :(

Hello Upwork Universe,

I am fairly new to Upwork (just 9 days in) and I responded to a few job offers (4 to be exact) and got a response in 3 days from 2 of them. They accepted my proposal and sent me a message, but since then its been like 5 days and i havent heard back from them.

They said hello and gave me a good warm message about the job. Both have 20 to 50 applicants and are interviewing 3 freelancers, (NONE HIRED UPTILL NOW).

Also both the clients have a very good rating and have had several employees in the past, and of course have payment verified.

Is this normal?

Regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

Sardar Usairem A wrote:

Is this normal?

Both of your experiences are normal.  The first that a client reaches out, communicates with you, and then stops.  Sometimes they come back, lots of times they don't.

Your other experience were you are excited and ready to do a great job for them and are suddenly feeling flat and disappointed that they are not responding is also normal.

Preston, I believe, has the right of it.  Move on, find more work, this one may come back, may not but you have no way to know.

Easier said than done.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

This can be normal.

Don't worry about it.

Don't think about these people.

If they want you to work for them, they know how to contact you.

Put them out of your mind until they actually start communicating with you.

florydev
Community Member

Sardar Usairem A wrote:

Is this normal?

Both of your experiences are normal.  The first that a client reaches out, communicates with you, and then stops.  Sometimes they come back, lots of times they don't.

Your other experience were you are excited and ready to do a great job for them and are suddenly feeling flat and disappointed that they are not responding is also normal.

Preston, I believe, has the right of it.  Move on, find more work, this one may come back, may not but you have no way to know.

Easier said than done.

Mark F wrote:

Sardar Usairem A wrote:

Is this normal?

Easier said than done.

You're being nice/welcoming.

It IS easy to do, to make it dissapear from one's mind. We've all been trained to do it.

Antun M wrote:

It IS easy to do, to make it dissapear from one's mind. We've all been trained to do it.

Maybe for you, it's not for me.  Talked to a guy on the phone yesterday, I would be lying if I didn't want to hear back from him. 

I know it is not a good idea or worth it in any way to get your hopes up...but I would be lying if I said I never do.  

Mark F wrote:

Antun M wrote:

Maybe for you, it's not for me.  Talked to a guy on the phone yesterday, I would be lying if I didn't want to hear back from him. 

I know it is not a good idea or worth it in any way to get your hopes up...but I would be lying if I said I never do.  

Great to hear something new, something different than my own experience.

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths