🐈
» Forums » Clients » Clients to Remember to Close Their Jobs
Page options
hadiqa_inam
Community Member

Clients to Remember to Close Their Jobs

I recently heard that connects are now refunded once the job you had applied for closes.

I would like to suggest something else too. As a new freelancer, I try to apply to new projects that fit within my expertise. However, after a while, I find out I have used all my connects to apply to projects as old as 20+ days. I can no longer apply to other jobs because I lack connects even though the clients who posted the jobs had been online and they chose someone else to work for them instead of myself. 

Now I know they don't want me to work for them due to whatever reason, but I am still not refunded my connects because according to the system, the job is still open and I have applied, but I am not accepted.

It would be great to set up a system somehow to get a client to refuse a freelancer thereby closing the job for just that freelancer so that he is refunded the connects. Or the clients could be reminded through a reminder-email to close their job once someone is hired, so that the rest of us can continue.

Just my two cents and I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's a start. It would be great if something can be done about this.

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

We appreciate your suggestion, Hadiqa. We aren't aware of any plans to add this feature. If anything changes in this area, we'll make sure to inform the Community.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
missileh
Community Member

I think Hadiqa has provided a suggestion and not asked whether there are any plans to implement such a feature? I agree with this suggestion as clients do not close their job posts even after hiring other developers. As a result the connects stay occupied and we cannot use them to apply on other jobs!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths