cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients to Remember to Close Their Jobs

Highlighted
Hadiqa I Member Since: Nov 2, 2014
1 of 3

I recently heard that connects are now refunded once the job you had applied for closes.

I would like to suggest something else too. As a new freelancer, I try to apply to new projects that fit within my expertise. However, after a while, I find out I have used all my connects to apply to projects as old as 20+ days. I can no longer apply to other jobs because I lack connects even though the clients who posted the jobs had been online and they chose someone else to work for them instead of myself. 

Now I know they don't want me to work for them due to whatever reason, but I am still not refunded my connects because according to the system, the job is still open and I have applied, but I am not accepted.

It would be great to set up a system somehow to get a client to refuse a freelancer thereby closing the job for just that freelancer so that he is refunded the connects. Or the clients could be reminded through a reminder-email to close their job once someone is hired, so that the rest of us can continue.

Just my two cents and I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's a start. It would be great if something can be done about this.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 3

We appreciate your suggestion, Hadiqa. We aren't aware of any plans to add this feature. If anything changes in this area, we'll make sure to inform the Community.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Hardik D Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 3

I think Hadiqa has provided a suggestion and not asked whether there are any plans to implement such a feature? I agree with this suggestion as clients do not close their job posts even after hiring other developers. As a result the connects stay occupied and we cannot use them to apply on other jobs!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS