Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Contract without forcing clients to leave feedback for freelancers

designbuyers
Ace Contributor
Sharif I Member Since: Feb 15, 2015
1 of 5

It's not good to force clients to leave feedback if they are closing contract since some of clients do not want to write feedback or leave it by force, it should be optional.

mahum6
Ace Contributor
Mahum S Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
2 of 5

Yes It is not good to force them. However, some clients repeatedly hire you for new jobs. So, the long-term relationship matters more than feedback, as it itself states that the client is satisfied with your performance. 

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
3 of 5

@Sharif I wrote:

It's not good to force clients to leave feedback if they are closing contract since some of clients do not want to write feedback or leave it by force, it should be optional.

Leaving feedback is not that hard. The client doesn't have to write anything if they don't want to but they do have to click on some stars and use a drop down menu to pick a few options for why the contract ended.

This still counts as feedback and can take less than a minute to do.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

It IS optional.

Nobody needs to write anything when they close a contract or leave feedback.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 5

It takes about 10 seconds to leave the non-written feedback and maybe a minute at most to leave written feedback. The entire Upwork system depends on feedback. As a client, don't you want to be able to see the feedback other clients have left for potential freelancers? Or is this one of those "everyone else should have to do it but not me" things?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS