cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Freelancer Account

jsully999
Active

I inadvertently signed up as a freelancer, not a client as I meant. Now I cannot find the "Settings" area it's telling me I need to go to to create a Client account. I don't want to complete the freelancer profile. I just want to sign up only as a Client. How do I do this?

5 REPLIES 5
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

You should be able to to click on the grey round picture in the upper right corner when you sign up now and go to your Settings. In the Settings, you'll see a link to Create a Company on the left side of your screen. 

Check this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, Apparently I've signed up for this service before as a freelancer and never completed my profile.  I am simply trying to hire a freelancer but it's asking me to log into my own freelancer account. No (easy) option to switch to a client that I can find. Contact info is impossible to find or non-existant, this is the only option I seem to have. Quite frustrated...

Hi Kenneth,

You can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork. You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You'll be able to easily switch between the two as needed. To add your company to your existing Upwork account, please follow the steps mentioned on this help article. Please let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bd346c13
Active

i want to

close this account

g_vasilevski
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Parvin,

We will close your account from our side, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS