🐈
» Forums » Support » Close my client account, without closing the ...
Page options
minette_6988
Community Member

Deleting a client account

Hi, 

How do I delete the client account on my Upwork.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jasmin,

If you need to close your client account only, while keeping your freelancer account, we can process that for you. Here’s how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

You can also post your request on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

390 REPLIES 390

Hi Accounts,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the process of how to proceed. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
98f72d2e
Community Member

I am trying to close my account, but when I try to close it I get the following message

>Thank you for using Upwork.
> At this time we are unable to close your account. You have one or more open jobs. Please visit your Jobs Postings page to close these jobs.
> Please note: For security purposes, you will not be able to change your username, or open a new account with the same email address.

I requested only one job and it was done.

https://www.upwork.com/nx/wm/workroom/30515213/overview

Where exactly is the "Jobs Postings page" and how can I "close" it?

Mistaking it for the "All Contracts" page?

Thanks.

Hi Yuki,

You can find instructions on how to close a job post here. If you still need assistance after closing your job post please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
98f72d2e
Community Member

The page you presented did not help me.
I am a client and would like to close the job I requested.

I will write the exact procedure.

"Your Dashboard" Page(https://www.upwork.com/nx/wm/client/dashboard)
-> "Jobs" tab
-> "All contracts"
-> I see a contracted job.
-> click "…"
-> "view project overview"
-> I cannot find a way to close the project.

"Where" and "what" is wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Yuki,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
113a7a1f
Community Member

Hi,

please delete my account.

I do not want to call an international number in order to do this.

No active contracts or proposals on my account.

Thank you!

Hi Alexander,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
ee491d8d
Community Member

Hello, im trying to close my account but i'm getting this error " Please call our concierge team at 1-866-xxx-xxxx, select option 3, and we will help you close your account." But I'm not able to call on this. kindly help me close the account

Hi Ali,

I'm sorry to hear that you wish to close your account. For you to proceed, the first step is ensuring that all activity is cleared, including pending, active, and open activity. Please check this help article and follow the account-specific instructions in closing an account. Let me know if you need further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ee491d8d
Community Member

Hello, can you please help me closing my account? I tried to close it but it's saying me to call on some number and select option 3, but I cant make that call. So kindly help me in this

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
63bbb5dc
Community Member

Inspite of adding my credit card and enabling international transactions, I am unable to pay my outstanding amount.

Upwork has been spamming every alternate day about payment declined but even when I try to do it manually it does not go through.

Hi Vivek,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4b550f0d
Community Member

I logged into upwork with my Gmail account, and upwork created a client account on my gmail. I am not client, had no idea what's upwork, tried to close the account, but it doesn't let me close. Please help.

Hi Helen,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. You can check here or your email for updates and don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dd83c228
Community Member

Hello. I would like to close my account, but it says that I have to close my jobs first. I don't see any open jobs when I go to the Jobs page. Please help close my account. Thank you.

Hi Faisal,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
f672061d6b0e578c
Community Member

I checked all over to see if there are any contracts open or anything else that might be open but there is nothing its still telling me I have a contract open.
Can someone please help.

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that you wish to close your account but we truly respect your decision. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed. You can check here or your email for updates. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
marriamtahir1319
Community Member

how can I delete my client account without deleting my freelancing account that is linked?  I don't want to keep my client account but I think when I will close my client account my freelancing linked account to this will also close. 

Hi Mariam,

Thank you for your message. Your client account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b6757dea
Community Member

Hi,

I cant close my account, have At this time we are unable to close your account. You have one or more open jobs. Please visit your Jobs Postings page to close these jobs. notification.

Please help me to close it.

Thanks.

notifying a moderator for you

Hi Jovan,

Thank you for your message. Your account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
978ee28a
Community Member

Hi! Although I want to close my upwork acc, I can't do it! 'Cause there is one submitted proposal that I can't withdraw since it was deleted. Can I get any helping hand?

Hi Sofiia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ehaideralik
Community Member

Hi, I need to close my client account without closing the freelancer account. When I try to close the client account, it seems that it tries to close both. Please advise on the steps to be taken. Thanks in advance.

Hi Haider,

I've asked for the help of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ff058543
Community Member

please close my client account without closing my freelance account.

Hi Hashir,

I have shared your request with the appropriate team and you should be getting an update with assistance on your email once it's been reviewed. Feel free to communicate with the team if you have questions or other concerns. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
_boudda
Community Member

Hi there, I would like to delete my cleint account only, and keep my freelancer account. My problem is that i can not close the client account as there is one or more open proposals message appears when it tried to delete it. When i checked i did not find any open proposals.

Would you please help me in order to close my cleint account only without affecting the freelancer account ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Abdelrahman,

Thank you for your message. Your client account has been closed as requested by you. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
umer2112
Community Member

Hello,

Can you Please Delete my Client account? I've made this accidentally Now I want to Delete Just my Client Account

Hi Umer,

Your client profile has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
armi-cuevas
Community Member

A client was trying to send a contract through Anyhire but she gets an error message saying my email address is linked to an existing Client Upwork account. 

Hi Armi,

I have checked and there's no client profile linked to this account. Can you please confirm if you're referring to this account or a different email address for another account? If so, Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address so that I can take a closer look? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
armi-cuevas
Community Member

Can anyone here also please delete my client account? I  do not have a client account but my client who is trying to send a contract is getting an error that my profile is linked to a client account. I checked My Info but there is no link to close the account.

bravoshota
Community Member

I want to close my CLIENT account, I can't do that as it tells me that I need first to close all active proposals, but I don't have any of them. Please could you close my client account without touching the main and agency profiles? thanks

it says >> You have one or more open proposals. Please visit your Proposals page and close your proposals.

But that's not true. Please help me to close the CLIENT account

and here is the error screenshot as well:

bravoshota_0-1666635976986.png

Hi Shota,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of the team members assist you further via a support ticket. You should be getting an update on this page with the ticket once your case is fully reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
e03cec11
Community Member

Hello,

I have both freenlacer and client account, I want to delete just the client account leaving the freelancer account active.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths