🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Close my client account, without closing ...
Page options
ahasmik
Community Member

Close my client account, without closing the freelancer account

Hi, I need to close my client account without closing the freelancer account. When I try to close the client account it seems that it tries to close both. Please advise on the steps to be taken. Thanks in advance. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hasmik, 

I have closed your client account as requested.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

92 REPLIES 92

Hi Zamran,

Your client account has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you so much for that. I had created a client account only to have an idea of how a proposal appears to clients. It had gone under KYC due to which some of the services were on hold. Now that the client account doesn't exist anymore, the services are still on hold. Can you help with that as well? 

Hi Zamran,

Please note that the review process will be completed within 24 to 48 hours. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Avery, I need your help to close my client account without closing the freelancer account. Client accounts only, please. Thank you in advance.

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for your message. Your client account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4f39b91c
Community Member

Hello.

I need to close my client account too but can't close it as it's says "you have one or more proposals opened" but that's for the freelancer account - can you close my client account and leave the freelancer one?

Thank You 

Hi Tahmeeda,

Your client account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
caa8d8e7
Community Member

please also close my client account, without closing freelancer account

Hi Hamza,

Your client profile has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi there,

I also want to close my client account, while keeping my freelancer account open. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Hi Kalli,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
parabas
Community Member

That's it
services
transactions
to approve
j_mcclarren
Community Member

I'd like to close my account but using the profile area link it said to contact support but I cannot contact support.  I would like to close this account and all profile information along with this post.

Hi Joshua,

We've proceeded to close your account as per your request.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,
I am in the same boat. I have a freelancer account & a client account. But my client account is not needed anymore. Tried closing just the client, and realized it closed my whole account. Just recently restored it. Can I request my Client account be closed as well but my Freelancer account stays open?

Thank you!

Hi Kevin,

As requested, your client account has been closed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f598304c
Community Member

HI I also have the same problem. And i would like to close client account without closing my freelance. And please approve that after closing the client account there will not be any changes with my freelance account (including my closed and current contracts) and I can use my freelance account as before. 

Hi Davit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your client account is closed as per your request. You can continue using your freelancer account. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola,

Can you please close my client account only without deleting freelancer acocunt?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manish,

Your client account has been closed as per your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f598304c
Community Member

Hasmik A Thank you very much.....

Hi. I have the same problem: I want to close my client account ONLY, while keep my freelance and agency accounts running as usual. Could someone please help me close ONLY my client account?

Thanks,

Ritam

Hi Ritam,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6f6e3b0c
Community Member

Hi, Could you please advise me too How to Close my client account, without closing the freelancer account?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Serhii.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6f6e3b0c
Community Member

thank you very much for your help: the client account is closed. Freelancer's works.

ladyknight7
Community Member

Can I please close my client account but keep my freelancer account open? Thank you.

Seems kind of silly that there isn't a way to do this beyond commenting on a thread in the forum...

Hi Bonnie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kate_w
Community Member

I want to close my client account without closing my freelancer account. How can I do that?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Katarzyna, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hammadghazi
Community Member

Hey I want to close my client account but keep my freelancer account. I clicked on close account after logging with client account but it seems like it will close both once my dispute is resolved. Can you help?

6cb9c109
Community Member

Hello!
Could you please close my client account also without closing my freelancer account?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Iryna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6cb9c109
Community Member

Thank you!

Hi Emmanuel,

I have shared your request with the team. One of our agents will assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
chandirasekaran
Community Member

Hello

How to Close my client account, without closing the freelancer account

Hi Chandirasekaran,

To close your client account without closing the freelancer account, you will need to switch to your client account first. Once you are on the client account, go to the Settings page and click 'Close account' at the bottom of the page. Please note that you will need to close all active jobs and contracts before you proceed with account closing.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a5a9a53d
Community Member

Hello! 

Please close my client account without affecting my freelancer account. I am an active freelancer on UpWork and want to stay a freelancer.

Thank you.

Hi Khadija,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
070bb134
Community Member

Hello. Please close my client account without closing my Freelancer account. I have an ongoing job on my Freelancer account as well. Just want my Client account closed.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths