🐈
» Forums » Clients » Close my client account, without closing the ...
Page options
ahasmik
Community Member

Close my client account, without closing the freelancer account

Hi, I need to close my client account without closing the freelancer account. When I try to close the client account it seems that it tries to close both. Please advise on the steps to be taken. Thanks in advance. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hasmik, 

I have closed your client account as requested.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

92 REPLIES 92

Hi Muhammad Aun,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I've closed your client profile as requested and kept your freelancer profile active.

~ Arjay
Upwork
74a75b55
Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. To close your client account on Upwork while keeping your freelancer account active, you need to follow these steps:

1. Login to Upwork: Visit the Upwork website and log in with the credentials associated with the client account you wish to close.

2. Switch to Freelancer Account: Once logged in, click on your profile picture or initials in the top right corner of the page. From the drop-down menu, select "Settings."

3. Access Contact Info: In the Settings page, click on "Contact Info" from the left-hand sidebar.

4. Switch to Freelancer Profile: Look for the option that says "Switch to Freelancer Profile" and click on it. This will switch your account from the client view to the freelancer view.

5. Confirm Account Switch: Upwork will prompt you to confirm the account switch. Follow the prompts and confirm the change to your freelancer account.

6. Close the Client Account: Now that you are in your freelancer account, go back to the "Settings" page by clicking on your profile picture or initials in the top right corner and selecting "Settings" again.

7. Navigate to Account Settings: In the Settings page, click on "Account" from the left-hand sidebar.

8. Close Account: Scroll down until you find the "Close Account" section. Click on the "Close Account" link.

9. Select Reason: Upwork will ask you to provide a reason for closing your client account. Choose the appropriate reason from the options provided or provide additional details if required.

10. Confirm Closure: After providing the reason, Upwork will ask you to confirm the closure of your client account. Follow the prompts and confirm the closure.

By following these steps, you should be able to successfully close your client account on Upwork without affecting your freelancer account.

If you encounter any issues during the process or have any further questions, I recommend reaching out to Upwork's customer support for assistance. They will be able to provide additional guidance and address any concerns you may have.

Thank you, and best of luck with your freelancing endeavors!

biswasin
Community Member

Hi,

I want to close my client account WITHOUT closing my freelancer account. Could some please help. my freelancer account needs to remain active as it is.

Thanks,

Ritam

Hi Ritam,

I am sorry to hear about your decision. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6bfcdaf8
Community Member

Hi, just curious here, why would one want to "close" a client account? What happens if you just keep it on?

7a4a0ade
Community Member

I also need to close my client account without closing my freelancer account. Please advise! Thanks.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
097a7e58
Community Member

i would like to close my client account, without closing my freelancer Account. i want to keep my freelancer account

Hi Shalini,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
097a7e58
Community Member

ok i recieved a mail....just wanna confirm. i want to close my client account. but want to keep freelancer account, i hope it won't effect my freelancer account

Hi Shalini,

Yes, closing your client will not affect your freelancer account. I see that you have already responded to the support ticket. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your request.

- Pradeep

Upwork

okk i got this email..it means they are closing my client account right? it won't affect on freelancer account?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shalini,

I want to clarify that this is an automated message you received indicating the process for closing your account. To better assist you in closing your client profile and keeping your freelancer one open, please allow more time for one of our agents to get back to you and help you with this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths