🐈
» Forums » Clients » Closed a job but still getting charged fees f...
Page options
unboxedesign
Community Member

Closed a job but still getting charged fees from UpWork

I hired a freelancer and got them paid and closed out a job.  I'm wondering why UpWork continues to charge me $45.50 for UpWork services?  I left a voicemail message and submitted message online with no reaponse.  My PayPal account that's been charged requires me to first make an attempt to resolve with UpWork before disputing/reversing charges.  The UpWork billing area won't even allow me to delete the PayPal without adding another payment form. At this point I don't want another charge so please advise how I can get a refund and close out my account.  The button to close account does not work (tried multiple times).  

2 REPLIES 2
unboxedesign
Community Member

I hired a freelancer and got them paid and closed out a job.  I'm wondering why UpWork continues to charge me $45.50 for UpWork services?  I left a voicemail message and submitted message online with no reaponse.  My PayPal account that's been charged requires me to first make an attempt to resolve with UpWork before disputing/reversing charges.  The UpWork billing area won't even allow me to delete the PayPal without adding another payment form. At this point I don't want another charge so please advise how I can get a refund and close out my account.  The button to close account does not work (tried multiple times).  

ArjayM

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Allow me to explain, Over the next several months, we will be changing our pricing structure for clients. Our goal is to simplify pricing by removing subscription tiers (with the exception of our Enterprise offerings) and moving towards an easy-to-understand fixed percentage model. 

In general, for each transaction, clients will pay a flat 5% fee. We also offer a discounted fee of 3% for eligible clients in the U.S. who pay using their checking account (ACH).

The reason we did not provide specifics in our announcement is that a small percentage of clients will continue to see the old Plus plan experience, with a $49 monthly fee and 3% processing fee, or will have access to the Basic plan, which has a flat 3% processing fee for all transactions but excludes many features. Clients who will see a change to their current fees will receive an email or will be notified on the platform detailing how their fees will change. 

Please let me know if you still wish to close your account and I'll be here to assist. For more information, you can visit the Help article. To share feedback or ask questions, join the Community discussion.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths