🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Closing fixed price contract and remove n...
Page options
15de2047
Community Member

Closing fixed price contract and remove not activated milestones

Hi, I am a client and I have fixed price contract with freelancer. All contract is divided to milestones and they are already paid for all done by him milestones. But last two is publishing application to market and bugfix after publishing. But actually now I want publish by myself and cancel two last ones (they are not started). Is this comply with upwork rules (Tos)?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yurii,

In the case you have described, there`s no violations on our TOS. If you have any additional questions feel free to send me a PM with more details, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yurii,

In the case you have described, there`s no violations on our TOS. If you have any additional questions feel free to send me a PM with more details, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

thanks for quick reply!

but I can't write PM to you due to error "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

Hi Yurii,

Your ability to send PM's in the community should be active within the next few hours so that you can follow up directly with us about specific questions concerning your issue.

~Nina
bobafett999
Community Member

undefined:
 But last two is publishing application to market and bugfix after publishing. But actually now I want publish by myself and cancel two last ones (they are not started). Is this comply with upwork rules (Tos)?

You can do that very easily.  Just pay for the last milestone and cancel the contract.  Buyers often do that to save money and/or get more work for the price.  I hope the freelancer was smart enough to front load the milestones so that he gets the fair price for whatever he has delivered.  Most people equate milestones linearly, but in reality you often end up working more to achieve a milestone.  That is the reason many freelancers ask for a deposit upfront. I don't but I front load the milestones so that even if the buyer changes their mind I get a fair comensation for the efforts I have put in.

In real world it could be considered breach of contract.  Only you know your true motivation for not fullfilling the contract and not paying the full price.  And if your moral compass says yes, go ahead.

The motivation for closing contract - I am not comfortable with freelancer: he reject fixing bug, then fix it and say it was't a bug, he give overestimestes (for relpcaing string in application his estimate was 30min) and deadline for project was Nov 30, 2017.
What you mean by "In real world it could be considered breach of contract"?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yurii, 

You only have one fixed-price contract as a client, and it looks like this contract is still ongoing. If you are not satisifed with your freelancer's work output, I would suggest that you close the contract. Our team could reach out to you and assist you with looking for a new freelancer for your project. Let us know. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths