🐈
» Forums » Clients » Communication with the client after the contr...
Page options
926e24df
Community Member

Communication with the client after the contract on Upwork has been signed

Dear Support!

Please I need your assistance, cause I am new to Upwork.

I am communicating with my potential client via Upwork chat. We haven't signed the contract yet.

Could you tell me please if we sign the contract, after this, what means of communication for discussing tasks and details we can use? Just any means that are convenient to us both? 

Theanks a lot

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mikhail N wrote:

Could you tell me please if we sign the contract, after this, what means of communication for discussing tasks and details we can use?

Any you like

Mikhail N wrote:

Just any means that are convenient to us both? 

Exactly

Mikhail N wrote:

Dear Support!

This isn't "Support" . this is a public discussion forum for Upwork users.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Mikhail N wrote:

Could you tell me please if we sign the contract, after this, what means of communication for discussing tasks and details we can use?

Any you like

Mikhail N wrote:

Just any means that are convenient to us both? 

Exactly

Mikhail N wrote:

Dear Support!

This isn't "Support" . this is a public discussion forum for Upwork users.

JoanneP

Hi Mikhail,

Petra is right. Once a contract is in place, you may use any communication methods you choose. However, we find that when users communicate outside of Upwork there is an increased risk of fraud, scam, and other harmful behaviors. When communications (and work) stay on our platform we can better track, verify, and help address any issues that emerge, and as a result, the potential for these harmful behaviors decreases dramatically. For example, the vast majority of scammers that successfully take advantage of talent on Upwork do so by going off the platform. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths