cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complain on a Freelancer

Carsten K Member Since: Nov 1, 2017
1 of 11

Hi,

I have a job going on, and the deadline is ended for a loong time ago, the freelancer just work on it up and then, and when I ask him questions, he most of the time don't answer me back. The web should have been unline for a long time ago, but it's not Smiley Sad

Right now, he should enter Danish and German and this have taken 4 days, over the last egreed deadline, but still nothing is done.

What to do?

Br. Carsten Kilde

Frank G Member Since: Nov 1, 2017
2 of 11

The best thing would be for you to reach a mutual agreement to end the contract, but since he does not answer you, the actions that I suggest are:

1. request a refund in the option Give refund within the contract in course (in the section my jobs ). You can negatively qualify the freelancer, once the Upwork team has analyzed the situation and find that you are right in your claims. Now, if the freelancer voluntarily agrees to authorize the refund, the analysis by the Upwork team will not be necessary.

2. Once you have made sure you get the refund. Ends the contract and proceeds to qualify him

good luck !

fnk

Vin D Member Since: May 28, 2018
3 of 11

**edited for Community Guidelines** tricked me again. She send me a draft. She also knows I suffer from Vasculitus and severe migranes. She pestered me to pay her and she she promised yo clean up the contract as she needed the money. I found out subsequently that she is a professional gambler.

She said she would finish the assignment and would rewrite it because the claims she made didn't make sense and the complaint was very convoluted. To date, I haven't received anything I can file in court. This is the second time she tricked me

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 11

Vin, none of this makes any sense.

Why are you relying so much on a person you do not trust, who has tricked you at least twice so far?

Is this for translation work?

There are thousands of translators available on Upwork who can do a great job for you.

If this is some other kind of work... Whatever it is, you can find somebody to do the work who does not frustrate you so much.

Stop working with the freelancer who you are complaining about.

Hire other people.

Upwork is not in charge of this project. You are. If you continue to work with a freelancer who does not please you, that is a mistake.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 11

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Vin. I checked your account and can see that the team has already responded to your open ticket here. Please respond to the team's reply if you would like further assistance on this contract. 

-Avery
Untitled
Farhan D Member Since: May 9, 2019
6 of 11

hi maam how can i complain on a freelancer with left me waiting to finish the job i already send an refund but not replying

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 11

Hi Farhan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Md Shofiqul I Member Since: Sep 8, 2018
8 of 11

Thank you lot.

ilya n Member Since: Jun 14, 2019
9 of 11

Hi. I have posted a job for my already existant VPN app. Request was to finish the code and fix bugs since my original programmer had to be away for a couple of months. Paid him more then $4000 to finish something that was already done 90%, but thats fine. Then he started dissapearing here and there, which was abnormal to his previous actions and then finally disspeared completely. Ive sent numerous messeges to him and no response. I honestly believe that he just stole the code and stopped being active on upwork. His rating were 100% for a while and after i hired him on my project his rating went down to 67% and he dissapeared. I never gave any ratings to him yet...

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 11

Hi Ilya,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your freelancer.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS