🐈
» Forums » Clients » Complaint About a Harassing Freelancer
Page options
93f36845
Community Member

Complaint About a Harassing Freelancer

I hired a freelancer to do work for my company's website. I asked him if he was available, he said yes but never begain the work. He additionally asked to be paid outside of Upwork. At this point I ended the contract. He is now emailing my boss demanding payment - not through Upwork. Someone please help! He is harrassing us and did no work for us. 

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Why do you think you need help from anybody here?

Block him in the Upwork Messages tool. Block him in your email tool.

You can do that on your own.

If you want to help out the Upwork platform, then report him. This kind of behavior is horrible. And Upwork users as well as the company would like to see somebody like this reported so he can be removed.

To report this terrible "freelancer", navigate to the freelancer's profile page, click on the Three Dots icon, and click on "Flag as inappropriate."

I hope you will do that. But if you report this person, you are not "getting help." YOU are helping Upwork and you are helping other clients. Thank you.

Preston H wrote:

Why do you think you need help from anybody here?.

Because the freelancer needs to be removed from the platform. That's why.

Flagging is not enough as the proof can't be attached.

NikolaS

Hi Rachele,

I am sorry to hear about this. I checked and could see that you have already submitted a report to our team. Please know that our team will investigate this further and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

If you have any additional information or you need further assistance please feel free to click on my name and send me a PM with more information. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Additionally, feel free check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths