🐈
» Forums » Clients » Complaint
Page options
2d468b93
Community Member

Complaint

I want to complain as the freelancer entered the work manually and he extend the week hours limit. Also I just noticed that after 3 weeks since he done the work he add new work for the same contract without a by notice.

Please help me with this issue.
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Ryan C wrote:
I want to complain as the freelancer entered the work manually and he extend the week hours limit. Also I just noticed that after 3 weeks since he done the work he add new work for the same contract without a by notice.

Please help me with this issue.

First of all you should discuss this with your freelancer.

If the freelancer used manual time the contract will have had manual time allowed.

A freelancer can NOT extend or exceed the weekly limit. This is impossible, only the client can increase the limit.

While a contract is active, the freelancer is able to work.

Your first cause of action is to pause (NOT end) the contract and to ask the freelancer to delete any unauthorised hours for the current week if it was or must have been clear to the freelancer that they should not have logged time on the contract.

As far as hours for previous weeks are concerned, you can contact Upwork to ask for dispute assistance for hours logged during the previous 30 days.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Ryan:
I completely agree with Petra, that your first course of action should be to talk to the freelancer.

It is MUCH EASIER for a client to just send a message to a freelancer and ask the freelancer to DELETE hours, than it is to go through Upwork. It doesn't take much time to do that, and it doesn't cost anything. A polite message can quickly save you money.

And with manual time, you can easily contact Upwork to ask them to remove manually-logged time if a freelancer isn't helpful in doing so.

But the most important thing for you, as a client, to remember is that if you don't love the work that the freelancer is doing... if you don't value what the freelancer is providing to you... you can CLOSE the contract at any time, for any reason.

You don't have to ask anybody's permission, or explain yourself to anyone, ever. If you think a freelancer is logging time in a way that you don't like, you CAN talk to the freelancer about it. Or you can close the contract and stop working with her entirely.

Logically, it always makes sense to compare the value you obtain from various freelancers. When you have multiple freelancers working for you, you will naturally consider the overall cost of working with each of them, along with the quality of their work, the volume of their work, and generally how much you feel they benefit the project. The use of manual versus application-logged time is only one factor.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths