🐈
» Forums » Clients » Completion of All the Milestones
Page options
fd213ee6
Community Member

Completion of All the Milestones

I am hiring a freelancer for my Fixes Price project which is split into 5 milestones. The milestones are  just created to enable the developer to deliver the project on time.
My question is that lets say, I have released 1st Milestone and than for whatsoever is the reason, if the freelancer fails to accomplish the 2nd and subsequent milestones and "End the Contract", will I get the refund for the 1st Milestone which I funded keeping the project active and expecting the freelancer to work on the next milestones. I undsrtand that himilestones are part of the project which needs to be completed. If for any reason he "Ends the Contract", than I need to approach other freelancer to complete the remaining project. Please help me someone how this works on Up Work.

Thanks tons inadvance 🙂

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

@Sanju K wrote:

My question is that lets say, I have released 1st Milestone and than for whatsoever is the reason, if the freelancer fails to accomplish the 2nd and subsequent milestones and "End the Contract", will I get the refund for the 1st Milestone

No. If you want to keep control over the entire budget you'd have to pay the entire project amount into Escrow.

Once you have released the funds for milestone one that means that as far as you are concerned milestone one has been completed to your satisfaction, so the work has been done and had to be paid for.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths