🐈
» Forums » Clients » Concerns while hiring app delvoper
Page options
fatimaniazi
Community Member

Concerns while hiring app delvoper

Hi want to hire freelancer /team to get a app developed.
I m little confuse about how to set up the milestones. And how can I get assure that my app will turn out the way I want. If all is not what according to my requirements. How can procced the case.
2 REPLIES 2
abixbg
Community Member

Probably a big milestone for "working prototype" for the main feature and then a milestone for each additional "feature set" you would want that app to have is a good start. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Concerns while hiring app developer. Hi want to hire freelancer / team to get a app developed."

As long as you understand that things may go terribly wrong, you do not need to be "concerned."

re: "I am a little confused about how to set up the milestones."

Using fixed-price contracts (and thus milestones) is a more advanced technique.

Using hourly contracts is simpler.

Please feel free to use fixed-price contracts and milestones. Without effective project management, both hourly and fixed-price contracts can go poorly.

re: "And how can I get assure that my app will turn out the way I want. If all is not what according to my requirements. How can procced the case."

It is not any individual freelancer's responsibility to make sure that your app turns out the way you want. It is not Upwork's responsibility to turn out the way that you want.

It is the project manager's responsibility to make sure that the app turns out the way you want.

If you do NOT hire a independent project manager, that is your choice.

If you do NOT hire an independent project manager, then YOU an act as the project manager.

Many clients (or "project owners") know how to act as project manager.

You do not.

What does this mean for YOUR project?

It means that the lead developer will be the project manager.

About 20% of lead developers can successfully work as project manager for their own project.

If the freelancer/team you hire is among the 20%, then your project WILL BE FINE.

But... what if they are in the 80%?

Then it means your project will fail.

This means that you have three choices:

a) hire an independent project manager

b) learn how to be a project manager

c) have an 80% chance that your project will fail

Latest Articles
Learning Paths