🐈
» Forums » Clients » Confession - I have been an idiot client
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Confession - I have been an idiot client

Most of my hires are long-term and not thru job boards. One such is my website guru who does wonderful work and keeps everything moving. I've tried to adopt her, but she wants a playground and a dog. Our yard is too small.

Anyway, we have a long-standing agreement that she charges me for her work and I pay it. There's monthly maintenance work on two low-maintenance wordpresss sites, and there's the new website I asked for. I'm going to pay her for it. It needs to be thrown away. The function I need is better performed by forum software. I have written and apologized to her for wasting her time. Yes, she'll get paid for it, but she's a pro and this was wasted effort on her part.

I've been hiring freelancers for twenty years, paying well, paying whatever is charged and trusting them. I've been burned a few times, but that comes with the territory. You'd think I'd know by now to discuss functionality before asking someone to do something.

We're not all evil, cheating scammers, honest. Some of us are just plain stupid.

2 REPLIES 2
timefighter11
Community Member

Bill H wrote:

Most of my hires are long-term and not thru job boards. One such is my website guru who does wonderful work and keeps everything moving. I've tried to adopt her, but she wants a playground and a dog. Our yard is too small.

Anyway, we have a long-standing agreement that she charges me for her work and I pay it. There's monthly maintenance work on two low-maintenance wordpresss sites, and there's the new website I asked for. I'm going to pay her for it. It needs to be thrown away. The function I need is better performed by forum software. I have written and apologized to her for wasting her time. Yes, she'll get paid for it, but she's a pro and this was wasted effort on her part.

I've been hiring freelancers for twenty years, paying well, paying whatever is charged and trusting them. I've been burned a few times, but that comes with the territory. You'd think I'd know by now to discuss functionality before asking someone to do something.

We're not all evil, cheating scammers, honest. Some of us are just plain stupid.

It's sooo brave of you to confess this. 😉

Muhammad, it's not brave. I was born without the give-a-crap filter, and believe in improving the world of freelancing. Why hide information that might help anotherr client do better with a freelancer who then gets experience I later use?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths