cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Invites Sent/Unanswered invites

Florin N Member Since: Sep 7, 2017
1 of 16

Hello,

I'm technically new to Upwork, since the last time I needed to hire freelancers it was Elance, and I am a bit confused about how invites work. 

I posted a new job yesterday for a writer, made it "invite only", and invited about 15 people. I've received no feedback so far, but that's not what worries me. The thing is that when I chek the job, it only shows 2 of those 15 people both under "Invited Freelancers" and "Unanswered Invites". At first I thought the other invites didn't register, but when I checked the "Saved Freelancers" panel, the rest all had "Invitation Sent" and a checkmark next to their profiles. 

Did the 13 other freelancers really get my invitation, if so, why are they not listed under "Invited Freelancers"? Did they reject the invitation, if so, wasn't I supposed to get some kind of notification, since I have all boxes checked in my notification settings?

Did I overdo it with the invites? I read a community post about too many invites being considered spam. If so, it was unintentional, as I am genuinely interested in all these writers, but some had a number of jobs in progress, and I just wanted to increase my chances of finding someone suitable for the project.

I apologize if this has already been discussed before, I looked for similar threads but didn't find any.

Florin

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 16

Hi Florin,

Unfortunately, it looks like you invited only two freelancers and that's recorded on your job posting and in your applicants' list. You did save 18 freelancers and can access their profiles under Invite Freelancers> Saved Freelancers and invite them to apply to your job.

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 16

Thanks for the quick reply, but I think you're wrong, I invited all 15 of them. Yes, I have 18 freelancers saved, but I sent invites for this job to 15 of them, as shown in the attached print-screen (only four shown in this image, but the list is longer and they all have that icon). They have the "invite sent" icon next to their names, they just don't show up in the "Invited Freelancers" tab, for some reason. I only have one job open so all invites were sent for this job. You can see "2" Invited Freelancers, but 4 "invitation sent" icons in the list. Why?

What I'm trying to figure out is whether I should resend the invitations to the 13 people that don't show up under "Invited Freelancers". I don't want to spam or bug them. Maybe they are not interested, but right now I don't know if they got an invitation or not. 

I hope this makes sense.

Florin

4 of 16

Sorry about the confusion, Florin. It appears that the proposals weren't sent due to site issues we had earlier. Could you please try sending proposals again? They should go through this time.

~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 16

Thank you for the clarification, Valeria, I appreciate your help!

6 of 16

Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but I just tried sending the invitations again, and the site wouldn't let me. The "send invitation" button is greyed out and I get an "interview in progress" error message in red. I think the site registered them as sent, even though it didn't actually send them.

At this point, would you recommend I just delete the job and just start over? 

Thanks

7 of 16

Florin,

Are Invite buttons greyed on the first page of your Saved Freelancers list? Could you please try logging into your account using a different browser or an incognito window and check if it's the same and you can't invite same freelancers to apply?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Levi L Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
8 of 16

I am experiencing the same issues.

Has anyone managed to solve this ? 

Thank you. 

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 16

Hi Levi,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you had. Can you please clear your cache and cookies and try a different browser before retrying? If you are still having the same issue, please let us know so that we can help you further. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Torben P Member Since: Aug 1, 2018
10 of 16

I have this same problem.

Invited 4 people. I get the "invite sent" pop-up. Invite button greys out. When i check my job posting "no invited freelancers yet".

Have cleared cache and cookies and tried in both Safari and Chrome. 

Tried changing job from invite only to public also.

Please help. 

Best

Torben

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS