🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Captcha driving me crazy
Page options
f7cfbeeb
Community Member

Constant Captcha Requests

I'm getting constant captcha requests any time I review the list of invited freelancers.

I do have privacy badger and it indicates that there are a lot of trackers on upwork. Could you indicate the specific trackers that need to be permitted in order to allow me to use the site without tripping your captchas?

22 REPLIES 22
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert, 

Here are a few steps you can take to limit the number of time CAPTCHA is required. You’ll want to make sure of the following: 
- Javascript is enabled
- Cookies are enabled
- Your browser does not block ads
- Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

If the problem persists, please send us the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page.

~ Avery
Upwork
f7cfbeeb
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you very much for your response.

As I mentioned, I'm using Privacy Badger and there are a lot of trackers on the Upwork page. Could you tell me which ones are specifically used by Upwork as analytical tools? I would be glad to unblock them if you could give me that information.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Edit - Additionally, I do not see any reference numbers at the bottom of the Captcha page.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert, 

I'll go ahead and check this with the team and get back to you when I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f7cfbeeb
Community Member

Thank you and best wishes.

Was this ever resolved? Because I am having the same issue 

Hi Joost,

Can you confirm if you followed Avery troubleshooting steps and the results from it? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

No offense but those are not truly solutions. The previous poster requested specific areas to unblock, but then the conversation went silent. As I am sure you understand I am not removing AdBlock for this site altogether. So I am in fact very much interested in knowing exactly which specific trackers I should unblock to stop getting those captchas. 

Hi Joost,

I`ve just escalated your concern to our technical team, one of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with this. Thank you

~ Goran
Upwork

I have this same issue. I don't use a browser ad-blocker but I have Pi-Hole on my network to block DNS requests, so I'd like to know which domains to whitelist to not get prompted by recaptcha every 10 minutes. 

I have been using Upwork for a while. A week ago, I started having a Captcha page pop up regularly asking me if I am not a robot. Each time it erases whatever message I was writing. It is infuriating. I downloaded Privacy Pass, the chrome extension, nothing changed. I didn't change or touch anything on my computer, actually I'd barely used my computer at all, before this started happening. I only use my computer to type.

When I click on the help/support tab, the Captcha pops up and keeps reloading, so it won't let me access the support page. What is going on? I am getting really angry at this website at the time wasted. I've never had this on any other website, ever. Can you not just fix this bug????

Hi Liza,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. A member of customer support team will reach via email to assist you directly regarding this issue. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have this problem multiple times a day as well. Its the worst when writting out a proposal and it want to know if I am robot Man Mad so deletes everything I have written out. 

Upwork can you start creating drafts for proposals? And also less assuming we are robots. 

Lila

Hi Lila, 

Before I proceed with filing a report, could you please check the following: 

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled
  • Your browser does not block ads
  • Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

If the problem persists, please send us the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page.

~ Avery
Upwork
odeskos
Community Member

I'd like to express my discontent with the CAPTCHA situation as well.

I don't understand why, after all these years and spending all this money with you, I still need to verify I'm a human.

Seriously - get rid of that annoyance for people who PAY for your services.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way, John. 

Could you please check the following: 

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled

If the problem persists, please send here the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page so that I can report this to the team.

~ Avery
Upwork
odeskos
Community Member

Please advise your technical team to stop using captchas at all.

They're really annoying, they waste my time, they don't serve any purpose (obviously I'm a human not a bot, and even if I was a bot, considering I'm spending money with you - you shouldn't really care what I am).

b3308a17
Community Member

The captcha issue has returned for me within the last week. It had subsided for a while, but now I have to solve a captcha multiple times a day.

5d9ae780
Community Member

Avery, are you a robot or a real person. All your replies seem to be the same thing, and you have yet to come back and let us know what the response from the engineers regarding this matter is.

So, before you copy and paste the exact same message over and over again:

Javascript on my browser is ENABLED

Cookies on my browser are ENABLED

My browswer and network do DISABLE ads. Please let us know why we need to see ads and allow trackers to track us on the internet. As many of the commenters have noted, we're all either using Privacy Badger from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (https://www.eff.org/privacybadger), or have installed a network level DNS solution to disable trackers.

There are quite a few people that actually care about their privacy and anonymity on the Internet. We do not want facebook or double click, etc... to track us all around the Internet, learning about our behaviours and working on analyzing what we do and what we are likely to buy.

So in closing, please do send us a list of domains to whitelist in order to use this platform. It's a simple question, with a simple answer. Please do not go ahead an re-copy and past this message again:

'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way, John. 

Could you please check the following: 

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled

If the problem persists, please send here the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page so that I can report this to the team.

-Avery

I am having the same issue over and over again. I have done all the mentioned things but still its not working. Please help
Cloudflare Ray ID: 6294f8f30d54d3e7

Hi Adnan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, .

I am experiencing the same error. Cloudflare Ray ID: 724d80041df54033

Hi Fleriza,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the error. Could you please confirm if you have already tried the troubleshooting steps shared by Avery on this thread? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths