cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Captcha Requests

Robert V Member Since: Aug 16, 2018
1 of 19

I'm getting constant captcha requests any time I review the list of invited freelancers.

I do have privacy badger and it indicates that there are a lot of trackers on upwork. Could you indicate the specific trackers that need to be permitted in order to allow me to use the site without tripping your captchas?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 19

Hi Robert, 

Here are a few steps you can take to limit the number of time CAPTCHA is required. You’ll want to make sure of the following: 
- Javascript is enabled
- Cookies are enabled
- Your browser does not block ads
- Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

If the problem persists, please send us the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page.

-Avery
Untitled
3 of 19

Hi Avery,

Thank you very much for your response.

As I mentioned, I'm using Privacy Badger and there are a lot of trackers on the Upwork page. Could you tell me which ones are specifically used by Upwork as analytical tools? I would be glad to unblock them if you could give me that information.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Edit - Additionally, I do not see any reference numbers at the bottom of the Captcha page.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 19

Hi Robert, 

I'll go ahead and check this with the team and get back to you when I have more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
5 of 19

Thank you and best wishes.

Joost D Member Since: Jun 27, 2016
6 of 19

Was this ever resolved? Because I am having the same issue 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 19

Hi Joost,

Can you confirm if you followed Avery troubleshooting steps and the results from it? Thank you.

Untitled
Joost D Member Since: Jun 27, 2016
8 of 19

Hi Goran,

No offense but those are not truly solutions. The previous poster requested specific areas to unblock, but then the conversation went silent. As I am sure you understand I am not removing AdBlock for this site altogether. So I am in fact very much interested in knowing exactly which specific trackers I should unblock to stop getting those captchas. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 19

Hi Joost,

I`ve just escalated your concern to our technical team, one of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with this. Thank you

Untitled
Abhi J Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
10 of 19

I have this same issue. I don't use a browser ad-blocker but I have Pi-Hole on my network to block DNS requests, so I'd like to know which domains to whitelist to not get prompted by recaptcha every 10 minutes. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS