cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Captcha Requests

Liza B Member Since: Sep 16, 2018
11 of 19

I have been using Upwork for a while. A week ago, I started having a Captcha page pop up regularly asking me if I am not a robot. Each time it erases whatever message I was writing. It is infuriating. I downloaded Privacy Pass, the chrome extension, nothing changed. I didn't change or touch anything on my computer, actually I'd barely used my computer at all, before this started happening. I only use my computer to type.

When I click on the help/support tab, the Captcha pops up and keeps reloading, so it won't let me access the support page. What is going on? I am getting really angry at this website at the time wasted. I've never had this on any other website, ever. Can you not just fix this bug????

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
12 of 19

Hi Liza,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. A member of customer support team will reach via email to assist you directly regarding this issue. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Community Guru
Lila G Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
13 of 19

I have this problem multiple times a day as well. Its the worst when writting out a proposal and it want to know if I am robot Man Mad so deletes everything I have written out. 

Upwork can you start creating drafts for proposals? And also less assuming we are robots. 

Lila
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 19

Hi Lila, 

Before I proceed with filing a report, could you please check the following: 

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled
  • Your browser does not block ads
  • Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

If the problem persists, please send us the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
John S Member Since: Jun 26, 2015
15 of 19

I'd like to express my discontent with the CAPTCHA situation as well.

I don't understand why, after all these years and spending all this money with you, I still need to verify I'm a human.

Seriously - get rid of that annoyance for people who PAY for your services.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
16 of 19

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way, John. 

Could you please check the following: 

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled

If the problem persists, please send here the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page so that I can report this to the team.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
John S Member Since: Jun 26, 2015
17 of 19

Please advise your technical team to stop using captchas at all.

They're really annoying, they waste my time, they don't serve any purpose (obviously I'm a human not a bot, and even if I was a bot, considering I'm spending money with you - you shouldn't really care what I am).

Abhi J Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
18 of 19

The captcha issue has returned for me within the last week. It had subsided for a while, but now I have to solve a captcha multiple times a day.

Ahmed E Member Since: Jun 21, 2019
19 of 19

Avery, are you a robot or a real person. All your replies seem to be the same thing, and you have yet to come back and let us know what the response from the engineers regarding this matter is.

So, before you copy and paste the exact same message over and over again:

Javascript on my browser is ENABLED

Cookies on my browser are ENABLED

My browswer and network do DISABLE ads. Please let us know why we need to see ads and allow trackers to track us on the internet. As many of the commenters have noted, we're all either using Privacy Badger from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (https://www.eff.org/privacybadger), or have installed a network level DNS solution to disable trackers.

There are quite a few people that actually care about their privacy and anonymity on the Internet. We do not want facebook or double click, etc... to track us all around the Internet, learning about our behaviours and working on analyzing what we do and what we are likely to buy.

So in closing, please do send us a list of domains to whitelist in order to use this platform. It's a simple question, with a simple answer. Please do not go ahead an re-copy and past this message again:

'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way, John. 

Could you please check the following: 

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled

If the problem persists, please send here the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page so that I can report this to the team.

-Avery
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS