cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact a freelancer without creating job??? HOW?

Highlighted
D J Member Since: Jun 18, 2017
1 of 6

Hello, first time user here. I don't feel I need to create a job that's open to random bidders. I have a very specific selection of freelancers, but I'd like to discuss details to make sure we understand each other.

I clicked the envelope in the upper left, but it says: 

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

How can I get in touch with these freelancers? There's an option to "hire now", surely there's a way to contact directly and make arrangements? 

Thank you!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

@D J wrote:

Hello, first time user here. I don't feel I need to create a job that's open to random bidders. I have a very specific selection of freelancers, but I'd like to discuss details to make sure we understand each other.

How can I get in touch with these freelancers? There's an option to "hire now", surely there's a way to contact directly and make arrangements? 

Instead of the "Hire Now" button, use the "Invite to Job" button, and make the job "Private" - so only freelancers you invite can see it.

invite.jpg

3 of 6

This will allow us to chat, before commiting to a hire? Thank you again for replying.

Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
4 of 6

@D J wrote:

This will allow us to chat, before commiting to a hire? Thank you again for replying.

Yes, it sure will, it creates what is called an active interview once the freelancer accepts the invite. To increase your chances of the freelancers accepting your invite make sure you personalise the invite, write a comprehensive job description, set a realistic budget and verify your payment method before you invite the freelancers.

None of the above leaves you under any obligation to hire, of course.

5 of 6

Thank you!

Community Guru
6 of 6

You're welcome, Good luck with your first hire Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS