🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Contact a freelancer without creating job...
Page options
7e32247c
Community Member

Contact a freelancer without creating job??? HOW?

Hello, first time user here. I don't feel I need to create a job that's open to random bidders. I have a very specific selection of freelancers, but I'd like to discuss details to make sure we understand each other.

I clicked the envelope in the upper left, but it says: 

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

How can I get in touch with these freelancers? There's an option to "hire now", surely there's a way to contact directly and make arrangements? 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@D J wrote:

This will allow us to chat, before commiting to a hire? Thank you again for replying.

Yes, it sure will, it creates what is called an active interview once the freelancer accepts the invite. To increase your chances of the freelancers accepting your invite make sure you personalise the invite, write a comprehensive job description, set a realistic budget and verify your payment method before you invite the freelancers.

None of the above leaves you under any obligation to hire, of course.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

@D J wrote:

Hello, first time user here. I don't feel I need to create a job that's open to random bidders. I have a very specific selection of freelancers, but I'd like to discuss details to make sure we understand each other.

How can I get in touch with these freelancers? There's an option to "hire now", surely there's a way to contact directly and make arrangements? 

Instead of the "Hire Now" button, use the "Invite to Job" button, and make the job "Private" - so only freelancers you invite can see it.

invite.jpg

7e32247c
Community Member

This will allow us to chat, before commiting to a hire? Thank you again for replying.

petra_r
Community Member

@D J wrote:

Yes, it sure will, it creates what is called an active interview once the freelancer accepts the invite. To increase your chances of the freelancers accepting your invite make sure you personalise the invite, write a comprehensive job description, set a realistic budget and verify your payment method before you invite the freelancers.

None of the above leaves you under any obligation to hire, of course.

7e32247c
Community Member

Thank you!

petra_r
Community Member

You're welcome, Good luck with your first hire 🙂

a52c51fe
Community Member

This response is no longer accurate,  Could you please update your response to the original question and be very specific?  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rene,

Clients are unable to communicate with freelancers unless freelancers apply to a client’s job post, or the freelancer was invited to apply to the job, and the freelancer obliged. On this interview stage, you should be able to discuss the project details with the freelancers, and vet which freelancer will be best for your project.

Please check this help article for more information about interviewing and negotiating with Freelancers.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Rene W wrote:

This response is no longer accurate,  Could you please update your response to the original question and be very specific?  

Why do you believe the answer is no longer accurate? It is. Even is something had changed, why should people that answer other's questions go back and revise their answers? 

If a client wants to contact a freelancer without paying anything, and without committing to anything, it is easy to do that.

Create a simple, honest job post. Send a private invite. Then you can talk to any freelancer who responds to your invite.

It is free. You’re not obligated to hire anyone.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths