🐈
» Forums » Clients » Contract Budget Change - how???
Page options
aprille66
Community Member

Contract Budget Change - how???

Freelancer sent me a job proposal. I accepted.

It has a budget that is incorrect so when I set milestones, it says I have more to set.

How do I correct the budget on the accepted contract in progress since it is wrong (higher than I proposed and we agreed)???

Is that something the freelancer has to do since he sent me the offer or can I do it on my end?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aprille,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the budget for a contract once the offer's been accepted. However, clients are able to release a partial amount from Escrow or create and fund additional milestones.

Let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aprille,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the budget for a contract once the offer's been accepted. However, clients are able to release a partial amount from Escrow or create and fund additional milestones.

Let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
aprille66
Community Member

Thanks for the reply. So is the budget irrelevant compared to the funded escrow?

I mean, if the budget is wrong but the escrow is correct, wll that affect anything negatively on the freelancer profile once it's paid in full (but less than the budget that shows, which is incorrect)?

re: "So is the budget irrelevant compared to the funded escrow?"

Correct.

re: "I mean, if the budget is wrong but the escrow is correct, wll that affect anything negatively on the freelancer profile?"

No. There will be no negative impact on the freelancer profile.

A freelancer's JSS score is is negatively impacted if there is a zero-pay contract.

But if the total payment is NOT zero (it could be just $1.00), then it is NOT negatively impacted.

If the budget was $1000, and the freelancer ended up earning only $1, then JSS is happy.

Thank you for the confirmation 🙂

Latest Articles
Learning Paths