🐈
» Forums » Clients » Contract closed due to inactivity
Page options
rdovle
Community Member

Contract closed due to inactivity

Hi, I have a ongoing job with a freelancer but it now got closed due to inactivity. The freelancer is working on the project and I do not want to close contract. Is there any way to open it again. The freelancer is almost done, and I would like to pay him on this contract when finished. How to reopen?

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Roger D wrote:

Hi, I have a ongoing job with a freelancer but it now got closed due to inactivity. The freelancer is working on the project and I do not want to close contract. Is there any way to open it again. The freelancer is almost done, and I would like to pay him on this contract when finished. How to reopen?

It doesn't have to be reopened, you can pay the freelancer under the closed contract, either all of it, or at least a part that has already been done.

If you choose the latter, you can set up a new contract for the remainder of the work.

In general, it is not a good idea to set up milestones than don't or can't be completed within 3 months, which is when they time out and the funds in Escrow are returned.

For the freelancer's sake it would be good if there ws a payment on the closed contract.

rdovle
Community Member

Ok. Thank you.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths