🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Contract offer is stuck on pending status...
Page options
hayden83
Community Member

Contract offer is stuck on pending status?

A freelancer I have used previously, recently completed a job for me and advised he has not received payment even though I was sure I'd closed the contract.

I looked into it and it seems this is because he did not physically accept the new offer, therefore I cannot process payment.  It has been weeks since the job was completed so I re-posted the offer to the freelancer and he says he has done everything on his end however the contract offer is still on pending.

What can I do to get this paid?

PS - there really should be a customer support contact instead of this!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Hayden,

It looks like the freelancer accepted your offer today and now you have an active contract. You also were able to release the amount in Escrow to the freelancer as well.

Please, let us know if you have any additional questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Hayden,

It looks like the freelancer accepted your offer today and now you have an active contract. You also were able to release the amount in Escrow to the freelancer as well.

Please, let us know if you have any additional questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello, 

Why is the status of my contract is "pending" while the freelancer said he accepted my offer

Regards, 

Maxime

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Max,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? You should be able to locate this contract under your All Contract tab, it is already active.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same issue. My agency Owner accepted the offer but I still see the offer in pending contracts. There is no option to accept it and i am also not able to log the time.

Hi Rizwan,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our agents have assisted you already via chat regarding your concern with accepting the offer. Please feel free to check the information the agent shared with you on this ticket number: 30675282. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yup, I have contacted their support and they said many people are reporting same issue and their technical team is looking into it. Thanks

The issue is solved now. Thanks 🙂

c2eded5d
Community Member

Hi!

I have the same problem; I want to pay for the hire but project is stuck at 'My Pending Contracts' with no way to pay?! I can only Modify or Withdraw the offer which I don't want to do.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c2eded5d
Community Member

Hi! I tried but it did not help. Extremely frustrating as I can't pay to the guy who worked for me!

Hi Sam,

I checked and it looks like you already sent an offer and your freelancer accepted it. Could you please let me know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

I indeed got it working by cancelling the contract and making a new one which then allowed me to pay correctly. Thx.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths