🐈
» Forums » Clients » Contract
Page options
a6c8ae9c
Community Member

Contract

Hello, I have had a contract set in place for about three weeks and the freelancer seemed to have deleted his account. I'm not sure what to do when something like this happened because I have sent my materials to the freelancer as well as the possibility of my idea getting stolen

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ally:

I don't know you, and I don't know anything about your specific situation.

But here is what I told my close friend Abby, when was in an essentially identical situation. I told her:

"Abby:
I think you should just put this out of your mind entirely and move forward. Upwork freelancers are on the platform to earn money by working for clients. The really are not entrepreneurs like clients are. They are not interested in setting up their own businesses that are like what you are trying to do. I really don't think that the freelancer you hired has any interest in using anything you sent him or told him.

If his account was deleted, it is probably because Upwork found out that he was violating serious Upwork rules. That's definitely not the kind of person you need to worry about becoming one of your competitors. He was probably nothing more than a person too lazy to do any real work, who looks for opportunities to get money from clients without working. I imagine that before he had a chance to ask you for money, other people reported him and his profile was taken down.

Anyway, what is valuable about your ideas isn't the ideas themselves, but the way you are implementing those ideas. I did a web search, and I found that there are lots of people with the same idea. But nobody is putting the effort into implementing these ideas in the same way that you are."

petra_r
Community Member

Ally L wrote:

I'm not sure what to do w

Close the contract and hire someone else.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths