cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contractor did not have the skills.. Work not complete and poor. How to cancel the contract?

Murielle G Member Since: Aug 5, 2017
1 of 4

Hi,
I hired someone who received what to do indetails.
He did not provide me the job in due time. Furthermore, what he sent, was a bad quality and uncomplete.
He did not reply to my messages. So, I decided to hire someone else to do the work. This person was really efficient and fast.
How can I cancel the contract and pay less than foreseen? He does agree with this.  Although he recognised everything, he asks me for a 5 star testimonial.  Of course, I'll give him a very negative feedback.
What is the procedure, please?   Is it he same as that used to pay when we are satisfied?  Will the difference between the escrow and what I want to pay will be reimbursed?
Thanks for your help
Warm regards,
Murielle

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

Simply click on approve milestone and edit the amount to what you want to pay.

The freelancer will have to agree to that or do nothing.

If he agrees the remaining funds go back to your payment method. If he does nothing they go back in 7 days. He can dispute it but it sounds like you agreed that he will not.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

re: "Will the difference between the escrow and what I want to pay will be reimbursed?"

Yes. Automatically. In about 5 business days.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

re: "he asks me for a 5 star testimonial"

It is inappropriate, unprofessional, and a violation of Upwork policy for him to do that.

Never mind the fact that he did a bad job and misrepresented himself. It is always wrong to tell a client what kind of feedback to give.

If you asked him to cure cancer for all humanity, and he did so in two days, it would still be inappropriate for him to tell you to give him 5 stars.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS