🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Contractor has completely failed with del...
Page options
cbef2910
Community Member

Contractor has completely failed with delivery; any recourse?

Hello UpWork Community,

We kicked off our first UpWork development project to have a contractor write a software driver for a hardware device our company developed.  This project was estimated to take 118 hours, and started in November 2019.  It is now May 2020, the comms with the contractor has been minimal at best, and we haven't seen any deliverables after paying thousands of dollars to the contractor.  I have tried to be patient and understanding, but this is ridiculous.  I have paused the contract for now, frustrated beyond belief, and trying to understand if I have any recourse here against this contractor who has taken advantage of us.

I'm really hoping the answer here from UpWork is yes, and that there is some recourse that can be taken...this has been a terrible first experience, and especially in a time when small businesses are struggling, to take advantage of a small business through UpWork is disgusting behavior.  We won't be using UpWork ever again if this is what we should expect.

John 

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer. Our team will reach out to you directly to advise on further steps with this contract. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths