cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a contest on Upwork.

Jaroslaw Z Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
1 of 6

Hi, I was wondering if is possible to make a contest on Upwork. The projects would consider some drawings.

Thanks for any answer.

Kind regards

Jarek

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

"Contests", in the sense that this word is used on some other platforms, are expressly prohibited by Upwork TOS.

I advise you to not use the word in a job posting, as you would probably find the posting removed by Upwork.

You ARE allowed to set up a competition between freelancers if you want to, if that means you hire multiple freelancers, pay them according to your contractual agreement on Upwork, and then decide which submission you like best. You would be well within Upwork rules to tell one freelancer you like her submission the best. You could pay her a bonus if you want to. You could hire her to do additional work if you want to.

These are all normal and recommended ways of finding the best freelancer for your ongoing project from among a field of candidates.

3 of 6

Hi Preston, 

Thank you so much for your answer. Everything is clear now for me.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Jaroslaw,

Preston is correct contests aren't allowed as job postings on Upwork. Please refer to the Terms of Use for more information:

• Requesting, demanding, or receiving free services, including requesting Freelancers to submit work as part of the proposal process for very little or no money or posting contests in which Freelancers submit work with no or very little pay, and only the winning submission is paid the full amount.
~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 6

Thanks Valeria.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 6

Jaroslaw Z wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if is possible to make a contest on Upwork. The projects would consider some drawings.

Thanks for any answer.

Oh, you mean something like: "I want ten people spending hours working for me and I'll pay only one of them"?

I'd get a parmaban if I wrote what I'm thinking of right now.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS