🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Credit Card as a Billing Method
Page options
642fa659
Community Member

Credit Card as a Billing Method

I am thinking of adding my credit as a billing method in my upwork account. I am not sure how safe and reliable this idea is. Would Upwork charge my current recurrently again or any hidden fee?

Please advise.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deepak, 

Upwork takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Upwork Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (“TLS”). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our Upwork Users. You may read more about it in Section 7. Security of the Upwork Privacy Policy.

Regarding your concerns about the fee, you will only be charged according to the amount you and your freelancer have set an hourly contract, and on milestone payments. You will also be charged if you set a weekly payment on an hourly contract, or issue bonuses to your freelancer. 

Upwork charges a 2.75% processing fee on all payments made. The fee is assessed any time we charge your billing method and will show up as a separate item on your transaction history and payment receipt. The fee is calculated as a percentage on top of the payment you are making. For example, if you make a payment of $1,000, Upwork will charge an additional $27.50 fee for processing the payment.

For hourly projects, billing occurs weekly, so the processing fee is assessed when we charge your billing method each week and on any additional bonuses. For fixed-price projects, the processing fee is charged each time you fund a milestone or give a bonus.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deepak, 

Upwork takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Upwork Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (“TLS”). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our Upwork Users. You may read more about it in Section 7. Security of the Upwork Privacy Policy.

Regarding your concerns about the fee, you will only be charged according to the amount you and your freelancer have set an hourly contract, and on milestone payments. You will also be charged if you set a weekly payment on an hourly contract, or issue bonuses to your freelancer. 

Upwork charges a 2.75% processing fee on all payments made. The fee is assessed any time we charge your billing method and will show up as a separate item on your transaction history and payment receipt. The fee is calculated as a percentage on top of the payment you are making. For example, if you make a payment of $1,000, Upwork will charge an additional $27.50 fee for processing the payment.

For hourly projects, billing occurs weekly, so the processing fee is assessed when we charge your billing method each week and on any additional bonuses. For fixed-price projects, the processing fee is charged each time you fund a milestone or give a bonus.

~ Avery
Upwork
642fa659
Community Member

Thank you Avery, I will try adding my card today.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths