🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Credit card blocked. How to make payment ...
Page options
ddafaaaf
Community Member

Credit card blocked. How to make payment now?

Hello, I have got a message from my credit card organisation that my credit card has been blocked as they have detected suspicious transaction. After additional check I found that indeed unauthorized transaction has taken place exactly the day I placed my credit card as payment method at Upwork. I noticed that I needed to provide my card security code on your site which is unusual and may lead to security breach. Would what be possible?

In any case, my current credit card is fully blocked and by the end of next week I will receive a new one. This means however that I do not have a credit card to make the payment coming Monday to the freelancer I work with now.

Is it possible to have a payment delay with a few days?

If not, could you please help me in what way I make timely payment for the work done this week?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marina,

Just to clarify that when you add a billing method, your account will be charged with 2 small charges. Once you`ve verified your billing method the charges are refunded back to your account. 

Our team will also reach out to you via ticket where you can share more details with us and will assist you further with paying your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the fast reaction, Goran.

The charges on my credit card were not from Upwork and not authorized. 

So, unfortunately I cannot use the card anymore.

Looking forward to the further support from the Upwork team.

Regards, Marina

petra_r
Community Member

replace it with a different credit card? Use PayPal if it is available in your location?

If the charge fails on Monday, you still have some time to fix matters so as long as the new card arrived Wedesday or Thursday it's not too bad.

At worst the contract might be put on hold and your ability to hire temporarily suspended.

ddafaaaf
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, Petra.

My PayPal account is linked to the same credit card.

The arrival of the new card may take a week, so I prefer to have a safer method to make the payment. If I get a ticket from Upwork on how to do the payment would be best. 

Looking forward to hearing from Upwork team further.

petra_r
Community Member

Marina V wrote:

The arrival of the new card may take a week, so I prefer to have a safer method to make the payment.

There isn't really any other method, Marina, unfortunately.

ddafaaaf
Community Member

So what happens if the card is not yet in on Wednesday?

Can I just inform the freelancer for the delay and keep the payment open till I can register the new card?

Do I get any charges for the delay?

Hi Goran,

According to Petra there is no other method for paying than credit card and PayPal. 

You mentioned that I will get a ticket for further assistance. When can I expect that?

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Marina,

I`m sorry about the delay, our team is reaching out to you as we speak. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths