🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Credit card not accepted as valid payment...
Page options
preeti_prasad
Community Member

Credit card not accepted as valid payment method

Hi,

My credit card isnt being accepted as a valid payment method - it is getting rejected as a 'prepaid or gift card' but it is neither. It's a MasterCard credit card. Anyone faced the same problem? How do I resolve this?

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Preeti, 

Could you please confirm with your issuing bank if your card is indeed a credit card? I can confirm on my end that the system is reading the information as a prepaid credit card. Currently, we do not accept virtual, prepaid, or gift cards as billing methods. 

In the meantime, you can add another credit card as your billing method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes, I called the bank and they confirm that it is indeed a credit card and is denoted as such on the account.

Hi Preeti,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, this issue is still unresolved and I am unable to get anyone from Upwork Support to respond to this issue. I have payments due to my contractors and need to be able to add my credit card. 

Could someone please contact me to resolve this?

Hi Preeti,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. I can see that you have opened a new ticket and our team will assist you further as soon as possible on your ticket with number 28336581. 
You can access your tickets on this Link, once your ticket is updated you will also receive an email notification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths