🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Criminal action supported by UPWORK
Page options
c25ef155
Community Member

Criminal action supported by UPWORK

Did you know, that top rated developer can delete messages incide your conversation? 

Did you know, that if you follow developers request and stop disput you will have no any change to get your money back? 

Did you know, that developer can get your ( clients) money without delivering work if he cancel contract after your canceling disput by his request? 

Did you know, that developer can blackmail you to give him Top Rate and even if  Upwork clearly know about blackmailing, Upwork will not support you ever? 

We know all this by our 4 month experience in Upwork. 

We blackmailed and payed  2.365 USD instead agreed 1.000 USD and get  for 50% work done - NO SUPPORT from UPWORK!! 

Please Be CAREFULL ! Do not make mistake that we did. 

Spoiler
**edited for Community Guidelines**

22.03.2019 We start project with fixed price 1.000 USD for 4 piece. deadline 19 April 

5.05.2019  1.365 USD payed. 1 piece 25% work delivered  for 100% payment  ( 3 pieces payed not delivered) 

11.06.2019 Asked help from Upwork

18.06.2019 No help recieved, so we lounched disput 

Developer didnt give us code for other 3 pieces, that was payed, it's 3 month after deadline!  He start to blackmail us 

• Requested to stop disput
  • Give him good feadback 
  • Create new milestone for 750 USD for 3 already payed but not delivered pieces  

We canceled disput, as we need codes, created milestone for 250 USD for 1of the piece

28.06.2019 Developer canceled contract 

28.06.2019 Developer received our 250 USD and refused delivering codes.

3.07.2019 We asked supoprt from Upwork, that we not ready to pay, it's blackmailing - NO SUPPORT from UPWORK  they told they can not do nothing and let us to follow his blackmailing if we need codes. 

12.07.2019 We forced to give him good feadback, to create new contract and put 750 USD to be able to recieve 1 of the 3 pieces! Please remember, that this was already payed 5.05.2019 but not delivered to us. He blackmail over payment, Upwork know it and didn't support us!! 

15.07.2019 We payed 750 USD and recieved piece #2 from 4  ( 250 USD + 750 USD = 1000 USD additional blackmailed overpayment for work that was already payed 5.05.2019 ) 50% work and 200% payment great! 

We contacted UPWORK again, they said it's Top Rated developer he have power to delete our bad feadback, that we left him after second overpayment. Today i went  to our correspondence with developer all mesages with blackmailing messages WAS DELETED!!! All what i have picture from the screeen that i've made when we start to complaine to support team. Upwork literally supporting criminal developer, developer have power

• to recieve money without delivering work 
  • delete bad feadbacks
  • delete messages from conversations and cover themselves

Please stay safe, avoid any business  with **Edited for Community Guidelines**  and even with Upwork, they will never support client !!!! It's **Edited for Community Guidelines**, that supporting developers, and not protecting clients. Please see atatched files, that left after this Top Rated Upwork developer cleaned up our conversations. Shame .... complete shame ....  

15 REPLIES 15
c25ef155
Community Member

If anyone had same situation with **edited for Community Guidelines**, please let us know, maybe Upwork finally will investigate and take out false Top Rates from this developer, so other clients will not be his victim  

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rezida, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this freelancer. I checked your dispute Ticket# 25785259, and understand that the dispute was closed in the freelancer's favour due to non-response to the mediators request for additional information. Firstly, I would like to advise you that when a dispute arises, you are required to respond to the mediator via Zendesk and not on the dispute thread. In the future, please be sure to respond directly to tickets sent you regarding disputes as it will be closed and will be closed in the other party's favour if you remain unresponsive. You may also refer to the information relayed to you through Ticket# 25946167 confirming the scenario I have shared above in case you need more information. 

On Ticket #26106280, it was explained in detail that Top Rated freelancers can use the Feedback Removal Perk. You may refer to the help article I linked, or to the information the Customer Support Agent has relayed to you for more information about this perk. As the ticket remains open, I will go ahead and follow up with the team so that they can respond to you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
c25ef155
Community Member

Dear Avery, 

Please come back to us with solution

what we requesting: 

* Take out  our good feadback that we was olige to give to be able to get our codes  

* 250 USD that developer took by forced cancelling contract and didn't deliver us NO ANY work for that has to be refunded, specially, Upwork was avare about this unlegal deposit. 

* Bring back our real true bad feadback to make other cleints avare about developers actions, to avoid this stories again. 

* Please take your time, open screen shots, read developer blackmailing, are you accepting this on your platform ? 

Thank you 

c25ef155
Community Member

Criminal developers name from **Edited for Community Guidelines** , company name **Edited for Community Guidelines**!) 

Upwork just keep on going supporting  him,  It's make my smile as Upwork delete his name from my  post)) 

So kind of you!)   Why you not take action against him, but protecting him? Please explaine  

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

- Yes, a freelancer, or even a client can delete a message they sent right on Upwork messages.

But they can't delete or edit the email notif you received of such message. To see the original message, check your email.

- A freelancer who is Top Rated can use their feedback deletion perk to delete one feedback. However, such freelancer may not delete another feedback until 3 months and 10 contracts after their feedback deletion.

- Finally, Upwork repeatedly warns clients not to release milestones before reviewing and accepting the work done for such milestone.

After client proactively releases such milestone (which signifies acquiescence with the work done), Upwork cannot chase down the money for you.

Thanks for your input but we hope it is not quite as you describe.

We hope that Upwork themselves keep a record of all the conversations as if they don't that is rather worrying and could lead to all sorts of abuse.

We have no issue if certain freelancers have a perk to delete unwanted feedback. It could be said this doesn't give a true reflection of the freelancers but that is Upwork choice to build an honest or not community.

We did NOT actively release the money, the freelancer cancelled the contract and so the money is given to him by DEFAULT by Upwork , even we contacted them and informed about developers actions and we was Not ready to pay him at all 

At this point the code is legally OURS (since under the Upwork T+Cs we have now paid for it) but Upwork are UNABLE to force him to release it to us so the only option is to agree to the freelancers demands or walk away with NO code and NO money! Neither are very good options.

Have Upwork not thought of this scenario and how to resolve it or do they not care when it happens? It seems the latter.

"

this sounds bad and frustrating, but did they requested a payment and you waited for 14 days or not ?

Here's my post, it's highly relevant with your post :

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Please-Recommend/m-p/626290#M45433

hope they don't delete this post, lols 

tlsanders
Community Member

I would think it would be obvious to anyone that if you withdrew your dispute you were...well...giving up your dispute and consenting to the normal process moving forward. It's always helpful to read TOS and know how things work before handing over your credit card, but even without having done any of your homework, it's hard to understand how you thought canceling your dispute wouldn't cancel your dispute.

Dear Tiffany, 

Thank you for your message, when you read our complaine, you can clearly see, that disput cancelation was result of developers blackmailing,  first 250 USD  was taked by forced contract cancellation, he know how this system works, he know he will be protected by UPwork, we are here first time.  

Second 750 USD  was released, by blackmailing, developer was not giving us codes without this overpayment, Upwork was informed and they recommend us to do so, as they have no any influence to get codes from developer, even if it's payed by us. What you will do  after 4 month waiting, when  your high season starts, no time to search new developer and start it again,  have no any other solution as follow blackmailing and try to get your codes. All this time no Any Support from Upwork, maximum - links to read, while we was providing them all screens with pure blackmailing conditions from developer.

I am very curious, anyome here who trying  to understand what happend?  

kat303
Community Member

When a client hires a freelancer for a fixed price job, they (client) deposits an amount to pay the freelancer into Upwork's escrow account. Milestones are created., either 1 milestone for full payment at the end of the job or several milestones with a percentage of the total amount to be funded and the requirements/scope of work to be completed.

When the freelancer completes the milestone(s) they send the completed work to the client. The client has 14 days to review the work. During  that time if the work is not up to par, or needs revisions,- the client doesn't release Anything from escrow,  or not complete - the client can either not release anything from escrow or release an amount equal to the partial amount of work and then closed the contract.

If the freelancer doesn't like those actions they can start a dispute. During that phase an Upwork mediator will tell the freelancer and you to try and work out some sort of an agreement. He may even Suggest things but those are just suggestions, they are not binding and you do not have to do them. You don't cancel a dispute until you get what you need (if agreed to that) If you don't get it. If nothing is accomplished the next phase is arbitration. And you can only request a refund of whatever is in escrow at that point. 

Once a dispute is closed, that's it. And if you deposited more funds in escrow you certainly don't release them until you get the code. Not before, but AFTER. And finally, you don't keep depositing money into escrow and releasing it over and over again without getting anything.

What you should have done is either only release funds equal to 1 piece AFTER you got that 1 piece. and when you seen that the other pieces were not being delivered you should have closed the contract and looked for another freelancer. Or set up 4 milestones, 1 for each of the 4 pieces and only released them one at a time AFTER you received each piece. 

c25ef155
Community Member

I am completely agree with you, that we did stupid things, but we needed this codes, he took 250 USD and didn't deliver us nothing.... Upwork clearly replyed, that they will not help us . What you will do? 

c25ef155
Community Member

We working many years with Freelancer.com,  freelancer.org  dba assosiation first of all, they care about quality, we never had any issue wit freelancers or developers there are, even if something happens, support and even top managment really HELP you to solve problem and care about clients  satisfaction. Not like here .... it was our first and last experience wuth upwork.  I give up, as i see, Upwork really support criminal action from developers side, its useless to continue any business  here and even not safe at all 

Hey , Upwork

Why did you delete other clients question, that i replyed? Why you clearing up everyhing ? Where is transparency? 

Because they thinks it will make upwork looks bad and they think they'll start loosing client's trust. But in fact, by doing those things (deleting, less transparancy, etc) will in fact make clients loose more trust.

I've dealt with another freelancer's platform and they stolen money in an even worst way. So  I trusted upworks as the most trustworthy platform, but untill today I had a bad experience with a freelancer that made me thinks as if his feedbacks and reviews are fake. I always checked the reviews ratings before hiring and never hired the ones with bad feedbacks.

So today, upwork didn't replied to my issue in the most logical way to my common sense but in fact they replied by deliberately changing topics to mislead my post readers including my self.

Until I found your post, it seems upworks supports nor care about fake reviews.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths