Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Criminal action supported by UPWORK

Highlighted
Rezida A Member Since: Jul 4, 2019
11 of 16

Dear Tiffany, 

Thank you for your message, when you read our complaine, you can clearly see, that disput cancelation was result of developers blackmailing,  first 250 USD  was taked by forced contract cancellation, he know how this system works, he know he will be protected by UPwork, we are here first time.  

Second 750 USD  was released, by blackmailing, developer was not giving us codes without this overpayment, Upwork was informed and they recommend us to do so, as they have no any influence to get codes from developer, even if it's payed by us. What you will do  after 4 month waiting, when  your high season starts, no time to search new developer and start it again,  have no any other solution as follow blackmailing and try to get your codes. All this time no Any Support from Upwork, maximum - links to read, while we was providing them all screens with pure blackmailing conditions from developer.

I am very curious, anyome here who trying  to understand what happend?  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
12 of 16

When a client hires a freelancer for a fixed price job, they (client) deposits an amount to pay the freelancer into Upwork's escrow account. Milestones are created., either 1 milestone for full payment at the end of the job or several milestones with a percentage of the total amount to be funded and the requirements/scope of work to be completed.

When the freelancer completes the milestone(s) they send the completed work to the client. The client has 14 days to review the work. During  that time if the work is not up to par, or needs revisions,- the client doesn't release Anything from escrow,  or not complete - the client can either not release anything from escrow or release an amount equal to the partial amount of work and then closed the contract.

If the freelancer doesn't like those actions they can start a dispute. During that phase an Upwork mediator will tell the freelancer and you to try and work out some sort of an agreement. He may even Suggest things but those are just suggestions, they are not binding and you do not have to do them. You don't cancel a dispute until you get what you need (if agreed to that) If you don't get it. If nothing is accomplished the next phase is arbitration. And you can only request a refund of whatever is in escrow at that point. 

Once a dispute is closed, that's it. And if you deposited more funds in escrow you certainly don't release them until you get the code. Not before, but AFTER. And finally, you don't keep depositing money into escrow and releasing it over and over again without getting anything.

What you should have done is either only release funds equal to 1 piece AFTER you got that 1 piece. and when you seen that the other pieces were not being delivered you should have closed the contract and looked for another freelancer. Or set up 4 milestones, 1 for each of the 4 pieces and only released them one at a time AFTER you received each piece. 

Highlighted
13 of 16

I am completely agree with you, that we did stupid things, but we needed this codes, he took 250 USD and didn't deliver us nothing.... Upwork clearly replyed, that they will not help us . What you will do? 

Highlighted
15 of 16

We working many years with Freelancer.com,  freelancer.org  dba assosiation first of all, they care about quality, we never had any issue wit freelancers or developers there are, even if something happens, support and even top managment really HELP you to solve problem and care about clients  satisfaction. Not like here .... it was our first and last experience wuth upwork.  I give up, as i see, Upwork really support criminal action from developers side, its useless to continue any business  here and even not safe at all 

Highlighted
15 of 16

Hey , Upwork

Why did you delete other clients question, that i replyed? Why you clearing up everyhing ? Where is transparency? 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ilham B Member Since: Jul 26, 2016
16 of 16

Because they thinks it will make upwork looks bad and they think they'll start loosing client's trust. But in fact, by doing those things (deleting, less transparancy, etc) will in fact make clients loose more trust.

I've dealt with another freelancer's platform and they stolen money in an even worst way. So  I trusted upworks as the most trustworthy platform, but untill today I had a bad experience with a freelancer that made me thinks as if his feedbacks and reviews are fake. I always checked the reviews ratings before hiring and never hired the ones with bad feedbacks.

So today, upwork didn't replied to my issue in the most logical way to my common sense but in fact they replied by deliberately changing topics to mislead my post readers including my self.

Until I found your post, it seems upworks supports nor care about fake reviews.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS