cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency converter

Maggie H Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
1 of 5
I am new to Upwork, one question thus far-
I advertised for a job to be completed and have set a fixed price of $70 for the job. I will be paying a freelancer in the UK so will the price need to be converted from dollars to pounds (concerts at a higher cost than US dollars)? I live in Australia. Thank you.
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 5

Hi Maggie,

All payments are made through Upwork in US dollars only. The money is paid into the freelancer's Upwork account and the freelancer then withdraws it to whatever exterior banking system they have chosen. (For example, I send my money to PayPal and PP does the exchange for me when I want to forward the money to my bank account)

Maggie H Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
3 of 5
Thank you kindly for your reply.
So in other words I would need to deposit the converted rate from Australian dollars to US dollars. I advertised for $70 U.S. so that would be about $97 in Aust dollars.
I would be required to pay my freelancer $97, correct?
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 5

Yes, if that is what your current exchange rate is. But this would be done from your side, either through PayPal or your credit card, or however you have set up your payment system.  Have a look here (which is not very detailed!)

https://www.upwork.com/i/howitworks/client/

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Maggie,

I can confirm the information Nichola posted. Please check the link Nichola shared, read these Help articles and let us know if you have any additional questions.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS