cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency on invoice

JORGE S Member Since: Jun 13, 2017
1 of 10

Hi,

Is it possible to state that the currency is USD in the invouce instead of just using the "$" symbol? We handle payments in different currencies, so I'd like to state that it's specifically dollars to avoid confusions or errors.

Thanks!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 10

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion. Let me forward it to the team and check if this is something we will be able to change in the future. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Gregory G Member Since: Nov 13, 2018
3 of 10

Hi,

Did you have any feedback on this? because we are having the same problem..

thank you

Gregory

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Gregory,

We don't have any updates about this request at the moment. Since the currency of the entire website is U.S. Dollars, the currency isn't additionally specified on invoices. 

I will share with the team that you also followed up about this.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Emmanuel T Member Since: Feb 11, 2016
5 of 10

Hello,

I launched a project through Upwork, paying by credit card in Euro. However, the invoices I receive are in dollar.

Is there any way to get invoice in Euros (which are needed for some reimbursements)?

Best regards,

Emmanuel

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 10

Hi Emmanuel,

No, we don't offer invoices in any other currency except USD.

Sacha V Member Since: Jan 9, 2017
7 of 10

Is this on a roadmap for European customers or will it never be possible?

Angelo Z Member Since: Dec 3, 2018
8 of 10

This is nonsense, I am forced to leave Upwork because I am in Europe and I need to invoice in Euro! How do you not care about this???

Diego C Member Since: Jun 12, 2019
9 of 10

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. At least you need to add USD to the invoice. Not everyone is in the US. There is a world outside the US! 

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
10 of 10

Valeria,

Upwork claims global status, yet operates as a provincial US firm. Add multiple currencies and languages, the ability to use wire transfers, and you're started in the right direction. My tiny business has all of those features and more. All can be accomplished using cheap shrink-wrapped COTS.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS